Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How confident are people for second round offers

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

So post your thoughts here

Not long now, A level applicants what have you applied for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

its driving me insane!!! I keep changing my mind whether or not ill get anythin..one minute im confident i will, the next minute im putting myself down that i wont...i wish the damn thing would just come and go already! even if it means finding out i got nothing, at least it would stop the butterly feeling in my tummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

I know what you mean, ive had a reply from the admission and they said UCD will be offering me a place in neuroscience, which im so happy about. But until the final offer comes on friday im still sooooo nervous

im just hoping there is some accomodation left for us second round offer people, especially A level folks, since they delayed our results this year, hopefully they will takje that into consideration when sorting out accomodationb

do they always send a notice BEFORE second round to let you know you have an offer coming? because if thats true i am so sad right now :'(

nah i emailed admissions to see if any of my prefercnes were reserved and they said they intended to offer me neuroscience then i got another email saying that i would get an offer for neuroscience if i didnt get my higher preferecnes :) so you could always email them and ask

oooh i didn't know you could do that! I'm so scared though... I almost DON'T want to know but I really DO want to know...The butterflies are starting to feel more like wasps!:eek:

• Advertisement

me neither but they have the lists sorted so it wouldent harm asking the asmissions tutours anyways, as they will know who is getting an offer, email them tommorw lay your mind at rest.

I just emailed them now...I am absolutely dreading the response...I'm breaking out in a nervous sweat just thinking about it! I missed any chance of 3rd level by 5 points(I didnt get any offers at all)so if I dont get this its off to a PLC for me! I really had my heart set on it so if they say I have a place I'll throw a party with joy I think!

me too im really nervous soo dying to go to UCD nr TRINITY if you get an offer then youll have to watch out for me when i get there, need a freindly face haha im coming all the way from the UK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Hoping for my first choice on Friday but I'm happy to do what I've been given if it doesn't come down 5 points.

Wow really? That must be tough! I'm going to St Pats if i get in but im going it alone too so we're in the same boat! I've no friends or even familiar faces going to that college or to the PLC option(if it comes to that). But thats what its all about!(or so ive been told!)..Have you been here before much?

• Advertisement

im in love with dublin love it, and the girls :) haha

logic123 wrote: »
    im in love with dublin love it, and the girls :) haha

Ah yeah you have to love this place! Its quirky at the best of times and a little smelly at the worst of times but its a fun place to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

you two are getting on well:D:D

haha were just two nervous people hehe waiting for friday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jade182 wrote: »
    do they always send a notice BEFORE second round to let you know you have an offer coming? because if thats true i am so sad right now :'(
    oooh i didn't know you could do that! I'm so scared though... I almost DON'T want to know but I really DO want to know...The butterflies are starting to feel more like wasps!:eek:
    Jade, I suspect that the reason logic123 got a response (which surprised me a bit tbh, because they normally don't deal with that kind of query on an individual basis!) was because of the debacle with the A-level results being late this year.

By the sounds of it, you are in the normal "hoping the points will come down / that I will get a place in Round 2" scenario.

All I'm saying is, if you don't get a response, don't take it as an indicator one way or the other for Friday.
    But until the final offer comes on friday im still sooooo nervous.
    Eh ... I think everyone who uses this forum knows that by now, logic! :p:D

well us A level applicants got a letter saying that we could contact admissions, but yeh it could be becuase of A level delay, but i did get 580 points for a 475 points so i think im at the top of the list for neuroscience.

Eh ... I think everyone who uses this forum knows that by now, logic! :p:D

lol
    hes just trying to make sure everyone in dublin knows him well before he gets here:D

ooo yeh sounds like a plan, everyone will know me in freshers week as logic123 i will carry a big sign saying it :)

ooo yeh sounds like a plan, everyone will know me in freshers week as logic123 i will carry a big sign saying it :)
    now im scared:pac::pac::p

From all the evidence so far, you will probably be carrying three signs saying it ...

>_>

<_<

I jest, I jest! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was really hoping for med in UCD in round 2, but now I think I'll be pretty happy with RCSI.

Does anybody have any opinions on whether TSM courses usually become available in the second round?

I've a friend who missed out on Psychology and Economics in the random selection, which is just unlucky.

Jade, I suspect that the reason logic123 got a response (which surprised me a bit tbh, because they normally don't deal with that kind of query on an individual basis!) was because of the debacle with the A-level results being late this year.

By the sounds of it, you are in the normal "hoping the points will come down / that I will get a place in Round 2" scenario.

All I'm saying is, if you don't get a response, don't take it as an indicator one way or the other for Friday.

Okay then thanks! No worries :) Oh by the way, why did you edit a post of mine on the previous page? Did I say something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Guys, wish you all the best of luck, really hope everyone gets what they want. There should be more courses up on the CAO Available/Vacant Places list come the second round so maybe if you don't get the specific course you want, there'll be something that interests you there, and of course there's also the PLC route.

Again, I've my fingers crossed for all of you! :)

Okay then thanks! No worries :) Oh by the way, why did you edit a post of mine on the previous page? Did I say something wrong?
    No, you didn't ... and there's actually no change to the post as shown.

I clicked into the wrong post by mistake, realised I'd got it wrong, but backed out clumsily and left my footprints ... best way I can explain it! :D

Nothing at all for you to worry about! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That happens to me all the time too, the "edit" button is right beside the "quote button"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

My friend got 355 in his leaving cert and missed out on Arts in UCC by 5 points, which was 360.

He actually repeated the leaving cert too, does he have any advantage in round 2 as he is a repeat student?

Also, what do you think his chances of getting offered it in round 2 are as the course has more than 700 places?

im so nervous about tommorow morning, really hoping ive got neuroscience UCD. Got 580 poiints, course is 475, lets hope it goes well :), i have theoretical physics and UCD and TCD and physics and chemistry of advanced material at TCD and mathmaticla sciences at UCC if i dont get neuroscience. WISH ME LUCK!!!! :)

im so nervous about tommorow morning, really hoping ive got neuroscience UCD. Got 580 poiints, course is 475, lets hope it goes well :), i have theoretical physics and UCD and TCD and physics and chemistry of advanced material at TCD and mathmaticla sciences at UCC if i dont get neuroscience. WISH ME LUCK!!!! :)
    good luck, what time do the offers come out

• Advertisement

6am tommorow morning, so set my alarm for dot on 6 hehe

Advertisement