Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How confident are people for second round offers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

logic123 wrote: »
    6am tommorow morning, so set my alarm for dot on 6 hehe
    the you have your ucd module registration to look foward to, what a pain:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GALWAY GIRLEEN

I missed science teaching by 5 points :( and didnt want my next choice.......huge cao mistake wen i was fillin it out............................do i hav any hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

leesmom wrote: »
    the you have your ucd module registration to look foward to, what a pain:rolleyes:

Heres a really stupid question...WTF is registration?!!?!

misslt wrote: »
    Heres a really stupid question...WTF is registration?!!?!
    i was referring to ucd, not so sure if its the same in other colleges but you enter all your details online and pay your fees if you have a credit card ,then you choose your modules, its a bit of work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

As far as I know, UCD is the only college that does it that way.
    Maynooth is very different. You do your orientation, and show them the giro they send you filled in along with some personal id and you get your student card. You go to your lectures the next week, and you have 4 weeks to decide for definite on the subjects and modules :)

• Advertisement

Maynooth is very different. You do your orientation, and show them the giro they send you filled in along with some personal id and you get your student card. You go to your lectures the next week, and you have 4 weeks to decide for definite on the subjects and modules :)
    that would be a lot easier , instead of this headwrecking thing of trying to choose two electives that dont clash with your modules and evry single one i want to do clashes, so ill end up doing something crap:(

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

that would be a lot easier , instead of this headwrecking thing of trying to choose two electives that dont clash with your modules and evry single one i want to do clashes, so ill end up doing something crap:(

Yah it's a great system really, your not stuck with something you don't like. Sure it gives you something to do in the long hours between lectures in the first few weeks, may as well go along and try out the other subjects :P

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

agh i emailed the people at st pats and they said they wont be giving out offers tomorow for the course i missed by 5...i am soooo gloomy now!

Jade182 wrote: »
    agh i emailed the people at st pats and they said they wont be giving out offers tomorow for the course i missed by 5...i am soooo gloomy now!
    that sucks,do you have a back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

A plc interview in september..but...i was so hopeful! *sobs*:( Ah well, nothing to be done now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Hols

I got no bank giro with my cao offer are we ment 2 have got it already?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Will we be able to get second round results early from the newspapers or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MiciG91 wrote: »
    Will we be able to get second round results early from the newspapers or something ?
    I don't think there's the same fuss in the papers about the Round 2 points as the Round 1, but you should be able to log into your account on the CAO website after 6 a.m. and see any Round 2 offer which you receive there. I would also expect that the "Points" section on their website will reflect changes in cut-offs for Round 2.

i was referring to ucd, not so sure if its the same in other colleges but you enter all your details online and pay your fees if you have a credit card ,then you choose your modules, its a bit of work:)

Well I got into UCD so its all good!!! :D

So should I register like today!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

misslt where abouts in the UK you coming from?

Northern Ireland, what about you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

Kent xDDDD south coast of UK

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Hey Guys!
    I missed my first course by just 5 points. I went into the cao website this morning..I went into 'My Applicaton' but the webpage was exactly the same as when i got my round one offer. Does that mean that i have got no other offers or is it that im looking at the wrong web page or what?? Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hols

yeah its the same with me. i missed 2 psychology courses by 5 points and thought i had a pretty good chance of getting 1 but i guess its just not happening. Theres lyk the teeniest chance we could be offered a place by the college in the next few weeks so fingers crossed 4 that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!
    I missed my first course by just 5 points. I went into the cao website this morning..I went into 'My Applicaton' but the webpage was exactly the same as when i got my round one offer. Does that mean that i have got no other offers or is it that im looking at the wrong web page or what?? Thanks for the help!
    I would imagine so, though I'm not that familiar with the internal workings of individual CAO accounts.

The points for Round 2 are up on the CAO website here, that might let you know if there has been any movement in the points for the your first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Last year i got 415 and missed my first choice by 10 points there was no second round offer.
    This year the course was 420 and in second offers its 415.
    Kinda feel sick now:eek:

Advertisement