Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating first year question

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

My friend is repeating first year ag science and when he tries to go in and register for his modules it wont let him register it just says phase two module registration unavailable. He hasnt got any emails on why he hasnt been able to register either does he have o pay all his fees first.
    Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its because Stage 2 isnt open for registration yet. It opens tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chemgirl

so will he be automatically registered to repeat all the modules he failed in order to repeat the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Stage two has been opened for the past four days to reg for options and electives. I'd phone the programme office and ask them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

So nobody can pick any subjects they're doing until tomorrow or does that just apply for first years?

Was he supposed to ring the programme office and tell them that he was repeating first year or would they have just assumed it because he failed all his modules?

• Advertisement

Not sure, but if you phone them they will sort your bro out. They are really helpful and over all great people!

Thanks a million for everyones help!!! :)

Looks as if I'll have to do the same then? I'm going into 2nd year this year but do have repeats carrying over. When I check my timetable, the repeat classes are on it but nothing else?

I can't progress into stage 2 of registration either, so I'll give em a call tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bebeebutterfly

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Looks as if I'll have to do the same then? I'm going into 2nd year this year but do have repeats carrying over. When I check my timetable, the repeat classes are on it but nothing else?

I can't progress into stage 2 of registration either, so I'll give em a call tomorrow.

Same thing happened to me.
    You must pay your fees first, then your account will be unlocked (mine took a few hours to unlock). Then you register for the next stage electives you're taking by filling them in from electives, if you go to the next stage tab you can see them there and pick them as electives. :D

but you still wont technically be a 2nd year until you pass repeats :(
    If they are repeats and they clash with the other modules they wont let you take the other modules, if they are resits, you are free to choose :D

Hope that helps!

I've 2 repeats and 1 resit. I havn't paid the fee's yet but can't pick any core subjects, just select repeats tutorials and electives.

Does this mean that if my repeats clash with a core module from 2nd year, I can't do it and will just be doing these repeats and resists up until Christmas and 'begininng' 2nd year after that?

• Advertisement

Again, phone the programme office.

Advertisement