Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jónsi & Alex - Riceboy Sleeps

Options
  • 26-08-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Without Sigur Ros, Life would be a Mistake.

Only joking… Haven’t heard the record but that track is quite beautiful without being all that interesting. Mind you, I do like the end section with that increasingly saturated reverb effect. It sounds as if the music is disappearing into the (presumably Icelandic) distance.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Scien wrote: »
    0 comments, i'm disheartened.

No Sigur Ros fans?

Sorry I hadn't even looked at this thread... glad you bumped it, pretty amazing track, excellent stuff. Will be investing in that album when I'm paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Nice to have a listen to every now and again but it is a bit too dreamy for my liking. And I'm a huge fan of the Ros.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Ive just started listening to this album, I really like it, best Ive heard in ages. Im not crazy about the singing in Sigar Ros music, this tones that down to nearly no singing.

Can anyone recommend a similar album? Jonsi and Alex only done one album together, as far as I know.

• Advertisement

this is my personal favorite btw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4j-4FElT8E

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I only got around to picking this up a few weeks ago, got it on vinyl which is a really nice package of 2 x 10" discs in a gatefold sleeve. It really is a fantastic album and agreed on that Boy 1904 track, a real gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Love this album.

When listening to Sigur Rós, I always felt that I'd love to hear some of the slow intros/outros spun out for about 10 minutes (Heysátan for example), so when this came along my prayers were answered!
    I don't really think there's a weak track on the album, so I'd find it hard to choose a favourite, but Happiness, Boy 1904 and Daníell in the Sea are definite highlights, and Sleeping Giant is fantastic.

For those interested, a slightly different version of Happiness can be found on the Dark Was The Night compilation released a few months before the album (artist name is given as Riceboy Sleeps).

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Can anyone recommend a similar album? Jonsi and Alex only done one album together, as far as I know.

Hey oxy,

Apols for a belated reply...

Agreed, a cracking album. If you like this sort of stuff check out the following albums, especially *

Hammock - Maybe they will sing for us tomorrow
    Stars of the Lid - And their refinement of the decline
    Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia
    Eluvium - Talk amongst the trees*

Granted some of the above can be a tad more ambient-esque in places when compared to Riceboy Sleeps, but if you like achingly beautiful melodies dappled with tristesse, well, look no further

Enjoy

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey oxy,

Agreed, a cracking album. If you like this sort of stuff check out the following albums, especially *

Granted some of the above can be a tad more ambient-esque in places when compared to Riceboy Sleeps, but if you like achingly beautiful melodies dappled with tristesse, well, look no further

Enjoy

Nice one, thanks JayC5 Im going to start listening to them, specifically the Eluvium one. Ill let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey oxy,

Enjoy

hey jc5, thanks a load for those recommendations. Its exactly what I'm looking for. I'm taking my time with the albums but have listened to, and repeatedly relistened too, the Jóhann Jóhannsson and
    Eluvium.

Eluvium its much like the jonsi and alex stuff that I thought was a once off. And the Jóhann Jóhannsson... I didn't think they made music like that any more. Anyone following this thread I highly recommend you check out those recommendations from jc5.

And if you have any more recommendations JC5 don't hesitate to pass them on, they will go on my to listen to list

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Fair play Heisenberg for putting up the post about this. Hadn't heard about it and it sounds gorgeous so far. Can't wait to hear it in the dark!

Advertisement