Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many penalty points do you have?

• 26-08-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I've just clocked up another 2 today for speeding. 4 in total :mad:

Just looking at this link

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/penalty_points.html

Whats breech of duty at an accident?

How many penalty points do you have? 52 votes

0% 0 votes
    5% 3 votes
    53% 28 votes
    1% 1 vote
    15% 8 votes
    1% 1 vote
    13% 7 votes
    0% 0 votes
    1% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    1% 1 vote
    Null Points
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

5 years driving and i still have none.i used to be terrified of getting some but if it happened now it wouldn't bother me too much.

I think the lower the points the better the driver of course :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i thought i had 5 (automatic after careless driving conviction) then was told i have none,nobody knows where my points went:confused:

also have no endorsment despite being in court?!

Had 2 but they are gone and I now have a UK licence for penalty points immunity!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

That time of the week is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

None :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Up to 6 now.

I may calm down.

Pulled over for being on the mobile.

Damn damn damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

joeperry wrote: »
    5 years driving and i still have none.i used to be terrified of getting some but if it happened now it wouldn't bother me too much.

i have 0 as well an i agree i think its down to a better driver as well;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

joeperry wrote: »

i have 0 as well an i agree i think its down to a better driver as well;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Never had any. It's a miracle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

I have one. I got it for making an illegal right turn on an empty road at 2 am. The only other car in sight in any direction was an unmarked mondeo :(

As a result of the same stop I got 9 summonses to court for no insurance, tax or license. None of which were true

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bugger - I went to change o points in the poll to 0 and for whatever reason, the system deleted the o and wouldn't put in the 0. I've replaced it with Null Points.
    I'll leave well enough alone in future!
    unkel wrote: »
    Never had any. It's a miracle!
    Same here and I really don't know how!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

robbie99 wrote: »

we could all have got more since then,we need to do this once a week and compare results:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Whats breech of duty at an accident?

I think it involves leaving the scene of an accident and not exchanging details or calling the police, things of that nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got 2 for running a red light, really annoyed over it as it was amber when I passed..but whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Zero.

I'm almost certain I've been caught out speeding twice, but I've never heard anything about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nada here. A few times I was expecting something in the post that never arrived though. One time in particular it was for about 90 in a 60 just where the limits change from 100 to 60 by Silversprings in Cork and he was standing there with the gun and no one else was around.

God bless inefficiency in the public service:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had 2 for speeding that expired.
    Just got caught there early summer for speeding again but still waiting for letter to come. Put 2 in poll.

Edit, damn letter arrived today, €80 I could have spent better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

I have 4 for speeding. I nearly got another 2 for being on the mobile while driving last Saturday. A garda in a squad car pulled me over. He just gave me stern warning about the penalty for being on a mobile while driving of 2 points and a 60 euro fine but said don't do it in future. Lucky me (Sound Guard):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

None.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

a lot of people with no points. Shocking!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    a lot of people with no points. Shocking!!!!

i'm actually surprised that so far over 50% have got points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭who what when

This isnt going to go down well with some but its the truth.
    I do about 50,000km per year, and most of it is done on major roads, you know like dual carriageways and motorways that kinda thing. Whilst on these roads im never under the speed limit.
    I occasionly drink drive, (but never distances greater than 2 miles). Im usually just over the limit but on rare occasions id be quiet drunk.

Now the shocking part is in about 10 years driving ive never once been stopped by the cops, breathalised, given penelty points or anything!
    I cant understand it! And i know for a fact that on several occasions ive been clocked breaking the limit but they dont come after me. Can anyone offer any opinions on this? Im starting to think that maybe the car has some sort of stealth capabilities!

It really is worrying that someone who has such disregard for the rules of the road can get away with it for so long. Oh and just as a side note ive only once ever had a near miss, which wasnt my fault so i do consider myself to be a capable driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

This isnt going to go down well with some but its the truth.
    I do about 50,000km per year, and most of it is done on major roads, you know like dual carriageways and motorways that kinda thing. Whilst on these roads im never under the speed limit.
    I occasionly drink drive, (but never distances greater than 2 miles). Im usually just over the limit but on rare occasions id be quiet drunk.

Now the shocking part is in about 10 years driving ive never once been stopped by the cops, breathalised, given penelty points or anything!
    I cant understand it! And i know for a fact that on several occasions ive been clocked breaking the limit but they dont come after me. Can anyone offer any opinions on this? Im starting to think that maybe the car has some sort of stealth capabilities!

It really is worrying that someone who has such disregard for the rules of the road can get away with it for so long. Oh and just as a side note ive only once ever had a near miss, which wasnt my fault so i do consider myself to be a capable driver

Have you seen The Sixth Sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'm very surprised that 0 points was the last option on th poll, as if getting points on your licence was an every day happening. Glad to see that 0 is in the majority though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭high horse

EPM wrote: »
    Nada here. A few times I was expecting something in the post that never arrived though. One time in particular it was for about 90 in a 60 just where the limits change from 100 to 60 by Silversprings in Cork and he was standing there with the gun and no one else was around.

God bless inefficiency in the public service:pac:

They're always at that point where the two inbound lanes on the dual carriage way merge so those in the overtaking lane usually speed up to get in the correct lane. Its the usual "shooting fish in a barrel" method of law enforcement that the traffic corps love so much :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

funkyflea wrote: »
    Got 2 for running a red light, really annoyed over it as it was amber when I passed..but whatever.
    Don't you know the rules of the road? You got done for failing to stop on amber.

I've 'null' points, I know the rules and stick to them.

Congrats to the other 'null' points holders, I hope it was as a result of discipline rather than dodgy number plates and luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Congrats to the other 'null' points holders, I hope it was as a result of discipline rather than dodgy number plates and luck.

Actually, my 'null points' is despite my complete contempt for open road limits, and is a result of the complete lack of enforcement of traffic rules in this country.

Advertisement