Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being 17.....

Options
  • 26-08-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

How bad is it in UCD when your 17.I'm not much of drinker[rarely do] but it's nice to hang out with the crowd in the bars etc. so,how bad are bouncers in the student bars?*

*Boards.ie does not condone being underage in Establishments.**

**Ginja Ninja does

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

They'll be strict for the first few weeks. Then they lax up. If you're going to a gig though in the bar it really varies.

When will you be 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

February.So all of semester 1 is me trying to break in to these places.Gigs especially :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well the bouncers normally dont get on the doors until about 7 or 8pm...so if its just a regular night in the bar then get there before the bouncers and you'll be fine...Gigs on the other hand...they kick everyone out of the bar and make you come back in with ID and tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I was 17 for the start of college, till feb in fact. I got around the problem by going to society events that weren't in bars - small societies, usually, big soc events tend to be just piss ups in various bars and clubs.

Raphael wrote: »
    I was 17 for the start of college, till feb in fact. I got around the problem by going to society events that weren't in bars - small societies, usually, big soc events tend to be just piss ups in various bars and clubs.
    Probably not the place to ask.But I'm guessing Gamesoc wouldn't be in the bars too much?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Trust me, there'll be so many events on that if you're not let in to the bar you'll find more to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Being 17 is nothing to worry about. If you go to the SU bar early you will get in on ordinary nights. Join a few clubs for stuff to do during the week (Handball):pac: Join some SMALL societies if these are holding events in bars you should get in. Nightclubs in town will be difficult tho. McGlovin it and you will be sorted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeiraG

I think if you're under 18 when you're getting your student card they mark it with like a green or yellow line (?) or something so that's how the bouncers can tell? But you can rub it off with an eraser :D That's what all my friends did last year anyway :)

KeiraG wrote: »
    I think if you're under 18 when you're getting your student card they mark it with like a green or yellow line (?) or something so that's how the bouncers can tell? But you can rub it off with an eraser :D That's what all my friends did last year anyway :)

No they put your DOB on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeiraG

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    No they put your DOB on it.

I stand corrected :) But you can still rub it off lol

• Advertisement

Yes but if you are over 18 they put the lines on it so if you rub off the date of birth and the bouncer actually looks carefully you're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Mate its not a problem, your a ****ing Ninja, just Ninja your way in, they won't see you... Obviously. Problem solved.

Whats with the obsession of "rubbing off" hard pieces of plastic?:D

I can ninja my way in to most places in fact and I'm bigger than most bouncers but I refuse to carry a fake ID.A lot of places will let you in if you say your 17 too:cool:

Whats with the obsession of "rubbing off" hard pieces of plastic?:D

I can ninja my way in to most places in fact and I'm bigger than most bouncers but I refuse to carry a fake ID.A lot of places will let you in if you say your 17 too:cool:

In east Mayo prehaps this is Dublin. You wont get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

I can ninja my way in to most places in fact and I'm bigger than most bouncers but I refuse to carry a fake ID.A lot of places will let you in if you say your 17 too:cool:[/quote]

No they won't. Some places will let you in if you nonchalantly walk past the bouncer when he's checking someone else id, but they're pubs not nightclubs. Just borrow someone's id who looks a tad like you, or get a fake one. If a load of 15 and 16 year olds can get into most nightclubs in town then you should have no problem with a fake one.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Haha!Déjà vu or what!I made the exact same thread this time last year.

I was 17 for all of first year and it honestly didn't bother me too much.If you're on campus,house parties will tide you over nicely.:DAlso,it isn't too hard to get into the student bars.The Forum bar almost never has a bouncer and the Student Club is handy enough too if you get there early enough.

Failing that many of the societies are non alcohol orientated so join one that interests you.That's what I did.:)

That said,I am looking forward to seeing what Dublin night life is like this year!

Advertisement