Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reg fees for first years

• 26-08-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Do first year students have to pay registration fees this year because im freakin out a bit because another thread said they were €1500
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Costs are gonna be €1500, most likely payable in the first month. I'm gonna have to get a loan out. Hopefully most people's parents can pitch in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

Holy shi'ite dats pretty steep does a grant cover ur reg fees if you get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Sorry to say it, but no f*cking idea.

Do what I'm doing. Get a loan, then get a job. I'm lucky to live in Carlow, but I'd advise you to head down here for a day with a pile of CVs before term starts.
    how-to-not-fail-at-life-go-out-and-get-a-freaking-job-demotivational-poster-1251137537.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I know guys I am just going to apply for a loan myself 2 years in a row :( and 2-3 days working won't cut it. Have in mind bills and food and no grant.

I also heared you cannpt pay in installments :O, who came up with that idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

the grant will pay for the reg fees, they'll be looking for a confirmation letter off ya saying that u are in recept of a grant.
    Luckily i got one! Had to get a loan of 3k for first year and im still paying that off, in 3rd now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

anyone know when registration is? Dunno if it's just me but I haven't gotten anything from the college yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭El Che

God really wish F.E.E had more success! If its €1,500 there's no ****ing way I'll be able to afford a place this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevingolding

1500 is nothing compared with most countries.

I know things are **** in ireland and money is scarce but 1500 for the sake of 4 year education.

You should turn to your banks, credit unions, IT Carlow Student Unions there always ways to get the money for it.

I have a friend in germany did a 4 year architecture course.

Costing 18,000 euro. DOesnt pay it up front. Only pay it when you finish the course and start working in that area.
    But hes now finished his course and is getting a job in architect where he will have to start paying 18,000euros back.

Australia here have immence college fees, only rich kids, or people who work their f* * * * king ass off to pay back the loans can go.

And America......well.......their screwed basically.

1500 euro fees is nothing when you look at it in that sense.
    If you dont have it, get to banks credit unions student unions as i said.
    Its worth it. Well worth,

Best of luck in your new courses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

Hiya, just to let you know if you are not eligible for the grant you pay the reg fee every year, not just in first year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

poppy123 wrote: »
    Hiya, just to let you know if you are not eligible for the grant you pay the reg fee every year, not just in first year!

Anyone who isn't awarded a grant in 1st year should re-apply each year of their course as circumstances do change and you could find you get a part/full grant award

• Advertisement
Advertisement