Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you identify this spider?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

This big beast is currently constructing a web outside our flat, there's another smaller one on the next window up so I assume they're nothing too rare.

Anyone know what type of spider it is?

3860207508_fe55b2f214_b.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thats an easy one- its the common bridge spider.
    Thats- Larinioides sclopetarius.

Link to description and some photos for you here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Thanks! I don't know anything about spiders so wouldn't have had a clue!

If you're interested in watching your new pet- its a female, so you should have baby spiders at some stage........

Ah I'll keep an eye.

This thinner guy/gal is operating very close on the same window - would that be a young one?

DSC_0332_twin.jpg

There's also another one that has the same proportions as the first one but not as big working on the next window over.

Ah wait - that's the male isn't it?

• Advertisement

gary82 wrote: »
    Ah wait - that's the male isn't it?

Correct!

:)

A young female out on the window now too! That's a whole family we need to come up with names for now... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

The males are supposed to be smaller yeah ?:pac:

Advertisement