Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uploading a mix

• 26-08-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

Lads is there a site that allows you to upload
    a file greater than 500mb for free?
    It seems most of them have a limit of 500mb
    and the file Im trying to upload is 553mb.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why is your file 533mb? No one is going to want to download it.

I assume its still in Wav. Use Aucadity to encode into a 320kbs mp3 and it will bring it down to ~100mb

www.rapidshare.com is a safe choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

What Zascar said, basically...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Mediafire is a good alternative if you don't have a rapidshare a/c and/or those who are downloading don't want to go through all the waiting and typing in codes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Cheers lads Im not that technically savvy when it comes to **** like that!!!

Now off to convert it to mp3!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Cheers lads Im not that technically savvy when it comes to **** like that!!!

Now off to convert it to mp3!!!

Convert it to FLAC, I'd wish more people would use it as a format, better sound

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

francois wrote: »
    Convert it to FLAC, I'd wish more people would use it as a format, better sound
    Really? :confused:

I've almost never seen it used, it probably has compatibility issues. I've never had any complaints about 320kbs mp3's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Zascar wrote: »
    Really? :confused:

I've almost never seen it used, it probably has compatibility issues. I've never had any complaints about 320kbs mp3's

It'll play on any software
    check out the boring! details at

http://flac.sourceforge.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Lossless_Audio_Codec

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

+1 for FLAC, great encoding format. There is a lack of digital audio players that support it though. I wanted to buy the new Sony X Series as it has had great reviews but I have about 600GB of music encoded in FLAC format so the Sony is no use to me!

Seems to be down to the likes of iAudio really for FLAC support, I currently have the i6 which is a lovely little player, the sound is unreal when playing FLAC coupled with a good set of Sennheisers ear buds (or many other premium headphone brands). I would love this latest little beauty from iAudio/Cowon which again supports FLAC...

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/cowon/s9/

I wish a brand like Panasonic would devise a premium player to play in the top end of the portable audio market... wouldn't really compete with the mighty Apple but at least offer an audiophile alternative to a small portion of the market. I suppose that is what Sony have tried with the X Series and nearly got there...

Anyway, I'll shut up now with my nerdy passion for electronics :pac:

Advertisement