Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Audio Interface

• 26-08-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a USB audio interface I can use with Traktor. Preferably with 2 stereo outputs and a dedicated headphone output. I usually use CD's but I've just got a few gigs coming up that will need more of a variety and I haven't the time, or blank CD's to be burning everything on my hard drive!

The thing is, I need to get one before monday so I can't really rely on buying one online. Anybody know anywhere in Dublin I can get what I'm looking for? I also don't want to pay through the nose as it's only going to be used the odd time.

Something like this: http://www.numark.com/djio
    Or this: http://www.novationmusic.com/product...erface/nio_2_4

Thanks in advance!
    I'm pulling my hair out trying to work out what to do at this stage! Haha
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

http://www.aquariussound.ie/prod.php?id=105&cat=Digital%20DJ&sub=Numark

Aquarius are in Celbridge, just behind the Applegreen garage when you leave the M4 for "Celbridge West". They stock the Numark gear and aren't too far off web prices either, to give them their due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Much the same query as the OP,

If I want to run Traktor Pro, but with a midi mixer, what would be the best soundcard to buy? To be honest, im clueless in this regard, so any help is appreciated,

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

I use the Numark DJ IO. Does the job nicely!

Ordered it from Aquarious and got it delivered the very next day, same price as Thomann too. It does not have any inputs though so take this into consideration if your gonna get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Good man, thanks for that one,

Would you know what cables do i need to buy with the soundcard? If ive just the laptop and the mixer connected by midi?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Probably just one or two phono leads to hook up to your amp or monitors or whatever you use and that should do it. It kinda varies depending on your set up so you may end up only needing the one phono lead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

I use a maya44 usb & have done for over 12 months now. It costs under €100 & supports ASIO to allow timecodes to be used. It's compatible with most big name software applications (I've used a lot in the past with Virtual Dj myself) & I can't fault it in any way, shape or form. Sound is crisp, latency is spot on, the installation is 100% fool-proof & over with in less than 5 minutes. Defo one of the best purchases I've made in a long, long time & based on my experience with it, several other dj mates of mine have gone & bought them too.

Check it out on youtube, there's hundreds of videos of people using them with all the main djing softwares.

Product Web Site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hesho wrote: »
    I use the Numark DJ IO. Does the job nicely!

Ordered it from Aquarious and got it delivered the very next day, same price as Thomann too. It does not have any inputs though so take this into consideration if your gonna get one

100% Agreement here.

Just watch out, it has a thing for Dell wifi cards. If you are using a dell make sure you power off the wireless before you start.

The lack of inputs is a pain alright, but you get what you pay for. I'm gonna get a really cheap mixer in the next few weeks and run the IO though ch1 and a backup through ch2 just incase vista fails me, again(I know, I know:p).

Advertisement