Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door staff (bouncers) in mullingar

• 26-08-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

There has been some things that have been said about the Lane club and there door staff(bouncers) that work there. I work there myself and i am wondering, why people feel we are a ''bad bunch''. please feel free to PM me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi grmel,

In fairness I have to admit that I have never been in the club.
    However I was out last night(in Danny's) and decided to head home early.
    I passed by your place at approx 11.45 and there were 5 guys on the door at that stage.
    All dressed in black,it looked like an SS convention.
    Now my point is how does that entice people to go into a place like the L club.
    Its INTIMIDATING to most people.
    I can understand the need for security staff but how do other pubs do it?
    There are plenty of places in Mullingar with the same profile of customer and they don't wreck the place at the end of the night..!!
    I worked in the pub trade myself for years and you handled every situation as it arose.
    In fact I would have to admit that bouncers generally make a bad situation worse.
    So what do you think that your chances would be if backed into a corner by 5 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eugene murray

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi grmel,

In fairness I have to admit that I have never been in the club.
    However I was out last night(in Danny's) and decided to head home early.
    I passed by your place at approx 11.45 and there were 5 guys on the door at that stage.
    All dressed in black,it looked like an SS convention.
    Now my point is how does that entice people to go into a place like the L club.
    Its INTIMIDATING to most people.
    I can understand the need for security staff but how do other pubs do it?
    There are plenty of places in Mullingar with the same profile of customer and they don't wreck the place at the end of the night..!!
    I worked in the pub trade myself for years and you handled every situation as it arose.
    In fact I would have to admit that bouncers generally make a bad situation worse.
    So what do you think that your chances would be if backed into a corner by 5 of them.

I myself work in the Lane club as a doorman but never called a ss,but point taken.
    It might not have look good when you passed and five doormen at the door of the club, but we do change men at the door of the club every 20 to 30 mins,and there could be 4 or 5 men at the door at one time.
    You must understand that the Lane club is a nitclub, and i like to know where in town is there a niteclub with no security staff.
    Hope the next time your out that you are more than wellcome to call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Heard only one negative story. Only hearsay so treat it as such. A girl was at the opening night and had a ball. Had her pic taken etc. and really enjoyed the night.
    She went back the next weekend and was told "not tonight". she told her story and got the deaf ear. This story true or not did the rounds and did put me off going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fryer99

Have been in the lane and have never had a problem with the bouncers. They don't go around annoying people like a lot of bouncers, trying to show that they are tough guys.

The reason there is so many is because its a new place that's trying to keep an image of a good, clean, safe place to go for a night out.

Obviously just my opinion but I like the place, well worth a visit - and no, I don't work there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grmel

folks thank you very much for your comments fryer thanks for your reply, timelord i honestly hope you do come in and check the place out for yourself. we are still trying to keep the club running right and we still make mistakes and i will be the first to admit this. but all i ask is come in and see for yourselves and make up your own minds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Just going to add some things;

I've never been in and honestly don't have any particular desire to. Going off of the experience of two very good mates of mine, I probably won't ever.

One of my mates got barred from the Lane Club for allegedly pissing up against the door of the club (if you work there, I assume you know the man I'm talking about, he's incredibly well-known around town). He was only walking by, he didn't even try to get into the club, and the bouncers told him this and told him not to come near the place. They said they had security footage and all, but when he asked for it they simply said "you can ask the Gardaí for it." Obviously, they have no footage. He also has never been inside the club.
    What they said is complete, 100%, utter bullshít and a total cover story as I actually live with the guy and have known him well over a year and he was home sick for the entire week they said it happened, I wouldn't let him go out. I'm not sure why they have a personal vendetta against this man because he is honestly the nicest, most friendly person you could ever meet in your entire life. I don't understand it at all.

The other one of my mates (Lithuanian girl) got barred for simply walking by, but I think she'd had issue with the current staff who used to be employed elsewhere. She can also be a bit mouthy so I'm not entirely sure that one's totally undeserved, but I doubt she'd ever do anything that bad to get herself barred unless it came down to personal politics. It's all a bit iffy on this one.

Bouncers just seem a little headstrong and political. Get your bouncers to leave their history at Spin/elsewhere at the door, and bar people who actually cause honest trouble, not people who are walking by and are generally incredibly sound folks.

As for the rest, I've just heard little things in passing that just make it seem like it isn't the kind of place I'd actually enjoy, but it's not things that could really be changed (packed, too small, etc.) or things that are problems with all clubs in Mullingar (cover fee, too expensive, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 danielledesmond

Hi all.

My Wife and I were in the Lane Club last weekend the 6th of November and had a ball.The Club is class and its like the owners brought a classy Dublin club to Mullingar.
    The staff were well trained and helpful and I see some negative comments about the Door Staff however we found them all well humoured and very professional and its a pity they dont work in a few other places that could do with cleaning up.
    The decor is comfortable & stylish and the lighting is top of the range...
    Great to see some classy Bollinger champange being served...
    Thanks to all the staff at The Lane Club for a great night... We will be back again..
    C&D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Hi all.

My Wife and I were in the Lane Club last weekend the 6th of November and had a ball.The Club is class and its like the owners brought a classy Dublin club to Mullingar.
    The staff were well trained and helpful and I see some negative comments about the Door Staff however we found them all well humoured and very professional and its a pity they dont work in a few other places that could do with cleaning up.
    The decor is comfortable & stylish and the lighting is top of the range...
    Great to see some classy Bollinger champange being served...
    Thanks to all the staff at The Lane Club for a great night... We will be back again..
    C&D

The owner couldn't of written a better piece himself, in my opinion. I'll still give it a miss though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Hi all.
    I work for this club.
    C&D

I fixed your post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pokerpro

Laughable post by Daneille/The Lane Club Manager.
    But in fairness ive been there twice i had no problems with the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭loglogbarkbark

I have a massive problem with all mullingar bouncers they take all past vendettas to every new club they work at also they bar whole extended familys on one persons behaviour (mojos).I have never had a good time at any mullingar night clubs. entry fee is extortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

:confused: Never been to the club, but why not get a cooler or a door hostess. An objective unknown, a non-local that handles the people where the bouncers handle the situations. If people know the full dress code, pre-arrival alcohol levels, gender ratios, intended age level then only the target market would turn up or else people would turn themselves into the target market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grmel

about the footage with the person pissing against the door yes we have it.
    i know the idea of a cooler or hostess sounds like a good idea, but if it would work,,,,,,,,,, maybe.
    we do honestly try to b open minded about everything. for those who decide to come in or how have to come in i hope u have and will have a good time in the club.
    Just a note;if u have any problems when in the club, look for the head doorman, he is along time working doors and tries to b as helpful as he can

grmel wrote: »
    about the footage with the person pissing against the door yes we have it.

You don't bloody have it because it doesn't exist. At least not for the person in question, he never went out there and I know that because I live with him ffs.

grmel wrote: »
    well if tats wat u think then we we will leave it at tat.

He asked for the video footage of said event and mysteriously enough none was ever produced-- not to him nor the Gards.

I'd be curious to see that footage myself, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thewiserones

does anyone else not find this disturbing that these guys have to come on here and defend their jobs? there is no other threads like this on this site.... its pathetic.! great post by c&d... owners also defending there club... pathetic!! personally i have been in the lane club on a few occasions over the summer, security look like thugs and are very intimidating (especially guy with northern accent). bar staff were o.k but lacked personality. dj was poor. and as for the "owner" (cheesy guy in cheap suit)..extremely irretating!! words of wisdom.... go elsewhere.. better value for money and at least you can have some fun in other clubs.

Advertisement