Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than one subbed forums list

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:02pm

Just a question, really. Would it be possible for users to have more than one subbed forums list? I'd love to have more than one, because I subscribe to two different kinds of forums. The first kind are the forums I like to read and comment in, while the second are the forums "needed" for moderation. It's a pain sifting through the list of threads in your subbed menu, trying to find the ones that you want to actually read.

Perhaps it's not possible, but it would be a nice feature if it was easy to implement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'd love if this were possible. It'd be very handy altogether.

Maybe not so much for the reasons JD mentioned above as most of my moderation forums are stuff I've an interest in anyway and tend to post in, but there's definitely a divide between forums I'm active in and post in a lot vs forums I merely read.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    I'd love if this were possible. It'd be very handy altogether.

Maybe not so much for the reasons JD mentioned above as most of my moderation forums are stuff I've an interest in anyway and tend to post in, but there's definitely a divide between forums I'm active in and post in a lot vs forums I merely read.

I don't really mean the forums that you moderate, I mean the forums like Moderators, Prison, Feedback etc.

I like reading what happens in Prison and Feedback and here, for example, but I wouldn't (or can't) post there.

It'd be nice, as you said, if the forums that you like to post in could be seperated from the forums that you like to read. Anyway, if you subscribe to enough forums, it somewhat defeats the purpose of the subbed list. If you had more than one subbed list, it's that "problem" fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I thought of a temporary solution - Bookmarks!

I'd still prefer additional subbed lists though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not additional subbed lists as such, but it would be nice to be able to tag or categorise your forum subscriptions. That way the subbed drop-down could be grouped by Tag/Category in the same way that sub-forums appear in the normal menu.

seamus wrote: »
    Not additional subbed lists as such, but it would be nice to be able to tag or categorise your forum subscriptions. That way the subbed drop-down could be grouped by Tag/Category in the same way that sub-forums appear in the normal menu.

That'd work for the Subbed list in the menu, but I'm on about the page you see when you filter for subbed, if you get me.

Perhaps if, as you've said, we could tag different forums in our subbed list, we could have one type of forum appearing in red or some colour in the subbed filter list, while the other type appears in black.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement