Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Nights in Cork

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks!

Well this Friday night myself and a good few others are heading out for a night on the town. We have the pub sorted but we are currently wondering what to do for clubbing. None of us want to end up in the Classic/Havanas/Gorbys etc so we are looking for something new and different. I was wondering if anyone could give some details about the Bodega and The Everyman Palace on Fridays.

What type of music is played in each venue? Is it chart stuff or is it as I would hope, something a bit different? Also is there any specials on such as free drink with entry or free entry altogether?

Thanks for any replies or suggestions of other good spots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

When I used to work in the everyman it was a pretty basic crowd, thirties. The normal affair is out of the shelbourne and into the everyman so that gives you an idea. Usual music really, maybe a bit "alternative," not too unlike crane lane. I didn't work in the bar so I never stayed late but I heard rumours of 3am opening because of the theater licence. They used to have film noir beamed onto the walls aswell which was a bit different. Didn't look too bad now that I think of it, you'll probably still have a few glitterati idiots though. Bodega I don't really know much about.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Go to the Bodega before 11 it will save you 15 sheets!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I've been to both recently and must say I enjoyed The Everyman a lot more than The Bodega. Since the Bodega opened I think the market it is trying to tap is the Havanas/Classic market. I spent the entire night in the smoking area as I thought the music was pretty much cheese or chart hits, very cool new venue do.
    I was in The Everyman 3 weeks ago and I picked up a concession card in The LV which entitled me to €8 entry and a free cocktail. You could see the cocktail being made before you and it was very tasty! The music was right up my street, great alternatives that you wouldn't really here in clubs but they everybody dancing. There is also 2 rooms with djs in The Everyman so you have a bit of choice.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Kick Back in the Everyman is good.

The Bodega is absolutely shocking, full of poser gang types whose parents may have a few quid so they think they are from Berverley Hills, music is also shocking, I have been there on two Saturday nights recently. Hope never to go there again.

Crane Lane is different but not to everyones taste (mine included).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Thanks for all the replies chaps! We are near enough to the Bodega earlier on in the night so if its before 11 we will go there as its free but if is **** and/or after 11 we will go to the Everyman. Its a win, win ,win situation!

Advertisement