Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Soc?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if theres an airsoft soc in DIT this year. I know there's a paintball one, but didnt see an airsoft one last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

If theres not one there should be!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

If there isnt one then set up one dude! get it sorted in time for clubs and socs sign up week and it should take off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

This could be a tricky one to get up and running, pretty sure there was talk of one two years ago but the college wasn't too keen on students bringing replica weapons anywhere near the college whether they were in cases or not:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

I say go for it, if there are people who are serious about it why not.
    if you set out clear proposals, and goals for the society .
    like to promote air soft as a sport in dit , set up a team and go on trips.
    and then get 15 people to sign up and pay , i would think you would fine.

I know air soft guns are replicas are not suppose to be taken out in public so maybe you would be best not to have them at sign up stand , but that would not stop you having some posters , pictures of air soft players, faces mask , camo gear (other air soft stuff) to help promote the society.

You have to make sure members understand , that say if your going on a trip after college one day , that if they bring their gear in, replicas should be fully covered and no ''messing'' around, best bet i say would to get a key to a socs locker and keep stuff in there during the day before a trip or what not.

Sounds over the top but whoever sets up the soc should know that, they would end up taking some blame,
    if an accident happened on college due to someone not taking it serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I would definitely be interested in setting a soc like that up, but it's my final year and won't have the time. Anyone care to take up the reigns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

already running one soc cant do another , so what do we all stand around now waiting for someone to start it ?:D.

Well i did have a talk with two guys in my class who are air soft players today and they seemed up for it, have to see if they follow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

If theres one starting up I'd be all for giving a hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

If theres one starting up I'd be all for giving a hand :D

+1, Just say the word and I'll be there to lend a hand

Advertisement