Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

push processing

• 27-08-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

last year at electric picnic I was shooting film, I brought superia 200 and 400 witth me. I rated the 400 at 800 but in the same roll I shot at 400.
    I didnt tell the photo lab and just gave them the mixed rolls, but I got some nice photos back, scanned low res. I will scan the negatives now myself and see what they are like thru lightroom as 7mp files. Some of the lighting was harsh, Had to convert a few to monotones as they were washed out in red.

Im just wondering If I shoot the fuji 200 free film at iso400 maybe 640 and 800 do I just tell them in unicare to process it as 400/640/800?
    can they do 640 or do those fronteira fuji machines only go up full stops?

whats that film like pulled to iso100?

can we have a thread just for photos shot with the free film? just an idea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The 'unoffical line' on pushing and pulling in Fujilabs is "Well, it depends on the machine" which is true to a point, but it should be read as "It depends on whether I'm arsed/know how" - And that can end up being a bit dodgy when they just 'push it' when they're printing or scanning them.

I'd throw in a test roll telling them to push it before putting in anything you're not sure of!

Fwiw though, the free film can be pushed and pulled around quite easily, I've shot it up to 1600 and down as far as 50 with results, though they do get a bit unreliable at those extremes. You're also going to get some odd casts, but I like them.

Here's some that are up around 1600
    2682771742_6c7a0570ab.jpg

2682779800_9c5f9ff71e.jpg

And this is pulling it down to 100
    3688913788_5b4d0b9cc3.jpg

Advertisement