Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to work in th u.s.!

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi guys, just want to get your input on few things here,
    ive been wanting to go work in the u.s. for as long as i can remember, the last few months ive been really loking into, ive looked at a few ways of getting to go, first was the j1 12month visa, but unforuntly ive only a FETAC qaulication in comp, so its not reconized, then there's the DV lotterly but that's a flash in the pan as you's know, basically all i really want to do is work in bar in new york, does anyone know if u can go on the 90 day visa then while your there, apply then to stay longer?? once you have a job.
    Or more so should i just go and work illgeally? i know u get 10year ban and deported if they catch you, but do they catch the majority of illgeal irish imigrents as it is?
    anybody reccomend the best avenue to take with my situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You are not going to get a visa for doing bar work, whether you try it from Ireland or once you know a willing employer in the USA. Depending on how "good" the comp cert is you have, you might be able to get hired by a US employer and get a HB1 working visa though. Another option would be to get hired in Ireland by a multi-national such as HP, Google or similar, then after a year or two working with them put in for an international transfer. A couple of my friends have done this successfully.

I am not going to recommend any illegal actions, I do not think this board's moderators would like that :) I don't have any percentages of people who got caught, but I do know several people who did- and even more who went home for Christmas/ a family emergency and then not let back into the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

SonicC wrote: »
    basically all i really want to do is work in bar in new york, does anyone know if u can go on the 90 day visa then while your there, apply then to stay longer?? once you have a job.
    Or more so should i just go and work illgeally? i know u get 10year ban and deported if they catch you, but do they catch the majority of illgeal irish imigrents as it is?
    anybody reccomend the best avenue to take with my situation?

Under the rules of to 90 day visa waiver you cannot work so if you do so you would be acting illegally

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

you would be no different than 20 million others so odds are with you on not getting caught. They will question you on your exit and you wont ever get back in more then likely. Looks dodgy too if you enter and dont have outbound flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Resurgam

Actually you will stand out from the rest of the 20 million + illegal immigrants because it is more politically correct to hound educated people of European origin out of here.. Major crackdowns on the hordes from Latin America and the rest of the 3rd world always lead to accusations of racism.

Advertisement