Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains!

• 27-08-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

On a thread it was mentioned that a pub in Ennis had drinks for 3.50. Lets not miss this kind of important info again!!

Please share any bargains!

I will start....

Charlie Stewarts- bucket of beer, €15 consists of 5 bottles of lager or 5 cans of bulmers.

Pearly City- 4 course early bird €14.95. Daily takeway special €4.95, chicken curry with rice/chips this week.

Cocos- 3 course early bird €16.50

Any more???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

In the Charlie Stewarts promotion are the 5 bottles of beer poured into a bucket and then served to you? Have you then to drink it out of the bucket?
    Jesus I wouldn't like my mum to see me drinking that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Ha Ha no of course not, but interesting thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

maiden wrote: »
    Ha Ha no of course not, but interesting thought!
    it used to be like that in the lifford years ago, pitcher of beer for 10 pounds i think i dont remember, american style, 4 pints in it i think, it was massive, grand when we were young with little money,
    it used to be a cool bar back then as opposed to the dive it is right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Brandons: Pitcher of fosters or Smithwaicks - €9
    Pitcher of Heineken or Bud - €11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

How many pints in a pitcher, 3.5 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yeah a little over 3 I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Got a flyer in the door Tuesday- Dominos.

Buy pizza and a side, get another pizza free.

I don't like the pizzas there at all but said I'd pass it on.

Hawk Wing wrote: »

Yeah something like that I do believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    Just over 3 pints, just enough to top up the 3rd pint after a few gulps

I think Knoxs are doing the €3 drink thing Mon - Wed as well

The Library do €3 drinks, dunno when though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Its not a bargain, but its related & pi**ing me off. Lynch's centra often have bargain stands near the counters, which is great. I got a 6 pack of snacks for €1 - score. My friend wanted some too so was getting them the next day. They were in da same place & everything but they did not have a price marked on them. 6 pack of snacks €2.49 when I payed for them. This happened me before there, so normally I'm more clued in. I know its a marketing thing & works obviously. Just something to keep an eye out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

maiden wrote: »
    Charlie Stewarts- bucket of beer, €15 consists of 5 bottles of lager or 5 cans of bulmers.

Any more???

is this every night or just during the week??

Every night as far as I know! It was a friday night when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

had good breakfast at dunnes yesterday ....
    bacon,egg,black pudding,beans,sausage tea and toast..
    only e4.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

M.T. Pockets/The Lifford - €3 all drinks all day during the week, €4 on the weekends. That includes all bottles and cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

CptSternn wrote: »
    M.T. Pockets/The Lifford - €3 all drinks all day during the week, €4 on the weekends. That includes all bottles and cans.
    Ya- but have you seen who's going in there? I've great time for Gezim but no way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Papas pizza in the pizza district, big burger giant chip and drink for 5.50. Brilliant value, especially as it's a 3oz burger, genuine beef burger that tastes like it came straight from a butcher, and the chips are lovely home made chips (like luigis in limerick if anyone knows it) and not as greasy as the good enzos

(pizzas are lovely too. can't recommend the place highly enough, best chipper/pizza place in town)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Tesco are running longterm price changes, Tesco ChangeForGood, www.tesco.ie/changeforgood . Lets not miss this!!

Newbridge jewellery, 50% or more off original price.

Giftvenue, Abbey st, ennis

Im going to treat myself today, cause im worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

The meal deal in Papa Pizza is very good, you get enough chips to easily feed two people, fairly good quality aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Anyone else noticed Tesco have jacked up their prices again?

(Lisbon of Course)

Prince Dragon

3 course lunch 9.50

4 course early bird 14.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone else noticed Tesco have jacked up their prices again?

(Lisbon of Course)

I haven't noticed, I got FIFA10 for 35 the other day, they are doing sterling price matching so I presume if the currency changes that the prices change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 chucky82

not really 3 euro they say on all drinks but its not its just bavaria... but that aint too bad.

also just ask in pubs how much fosters is... its normally one of the cheapest drinks there compared to 4.40 for a pint

3 euro mondays in library is best lovely pints

Just to update on the Prince Dragon early bird. four of us headed there yesterday for the early bird. Menus and prawn crackers arrived. The '4 course' consisted of starter, main, a mineral and tea. We all started laughing!! It was sooooo cold in there the waitresses were wearing their jackets!

Anyway called over the waitress and said that a mineral cannot be classed as a course. That it was false advertising. She didnt give a sh*t because her teeth were chattering from the cold. We got up and walked out because:

1. felt like we were being taken for fools
    2. it was freezing
    3. i have seen what restaurants do to the food when people complain and didnt want to take the chance.

Headed down to 'Yen' and had a beautiful meal in plush surroundings and it cost 16.80 for 3 fab courses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

COME ON LADS AND LASSIES :)

Must be some bargains out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Seasons 52 have an early bird dinner offer - three courses for €16.50!

After 7 it goes up to €21.50, but still well worth it!

They charge an extra €5 for steak, but even at €26.50 for a steak dinner with starter and dessert thats still brilliant!

And the food was lovely!

60491_441896926840_567511840_5591736_173881_n.jpg

That is the t-bone I got sure - was tender enough to cut with a butter knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Seasons 52 have an early bird dinner offer - three courses for €16.50!

After 7 it goes up to €21.50, but still well worth it!

They charge an extra €5 for steak, but even at €26.50 for a steak dinner with starter and dessert thats still brilliant!

And the food was lovely!

60491_441896926840_567511840_5591736_173881_n.jpg

That is the t-bone I got sure - was tender enough to cut with a butter knife.

Yeah, and the farmer who produced that T bone, got €2 a kilo for it. Took 30 months to rear it.
    You paid well over €19 a kilo for it!

It took one month to get from the farm to your plate. A couple of people in that month shared the difference between €19kg and €2kg.
    So it took 2.5 years to get to the stage of being worth €2kg. Then in the space of 30 days it rocketed to €19kg ......................

Do you now believe it was well worth it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

BeeDI wrote: »
    Yeah, and the farmer who produced that T bone, got €2 a kilo for it. Took 30 months to rear it.
    You paid well over €19 a kilo for it!

It took one month to get from the farm to your plate. A couple of people in that month shared the difference between €19kg and €2kg.
    So it took 2.5 years to get to the stage of being worth €2kg. Then in the space of 30 days it rocketed to €19kg ......................

Do you now believe it was well worth it:pac:

Well i assume the farmer didnt lead the cow there. So a driver must be paid.
    The driver wouldnt slaughter and cut up the cow. So an abbatoir must be paid.
    This would be driven to a warehouse, where the driver and staff there must be paid. The chef would order it from his supplier (who has to be paid), and it would then be delivered in next order (driver gets paid, see a pattern?).
    Delivery is checked by the restaurant staff, and put in the fridge/freezer until needed (heating/Electricity/water/staff costs/insurance/rates all being paid).
    Finally it is ordered, cooked and then consumed with great gusto!
    The fact that the price the customer pays is more then the farmer gets is a non issue. Unless the farmer sells directly to the consumer, that will always be the case.
    Also are the other 2 courses free?The chips? The vegetables?
    Looks like a good enough deal to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

seasons 52 is best restaurant offer ive seen.
    great service too. The steak is my fav. paid €56 for two 3 course meals with a few pints. unreal

Gala in clarecastle are doing a 24 bottle slab of 500ml ballygowen water for €6.50

Advertisement