Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody under 16 in dublin city (Dub1/2)

• 27-08-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I am 16 and living In dublin 2 with my mum. Just wondering am I alone around here or are there many teenagers in a position similar to my own

BTW:
    I amn't trying to find people. I'm just trying to start a discussion on life living in Town as ateenage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

I must say that post by Jay D was very patronising, but no offence taken.

If i may quote myself
    beng128 wrote: »
    BTW:
    I amn't trying to find people.

And i'm not LONELY i have a pretty big social group (no girlfriend though). Just bored at this particular time in the night and curios if there were anybody else was in my position or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

I've pretty much spent all of the last few years living in town not a teenager anymore but since i was one been in D1 though so your not alone on boards and from town :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Patronising is something I did not intend. Please re read my post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I am 16 and living In dublin 2 with my mum. Just wondering am I alone around here or are there many teenagers in a position similar to my own

BTW:
    I amn't trying to find people. I'm just trying to start a discussion on life living in Town as ateenage

Try get involved in something. Local football/GAA team, martial arts etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I'm sure there are plenty of young people your age living in Dublin City Centre.
    Have you considered getting involved with the National Youth Council, they would certainly be worth contacting especially if you have views about being 16 and living in Dublin!
    http://www.youth.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

If you're into music, or anything creative, get involved with these guys :

http://www.projectartscentre.ie/index.php/programme/whats-on/588-exchange-dublin-collective-arts-centre

It's called the xchange. it's Ireland's first all ages social space, anyone can get involved. they're going to be hosting lots of all ages gigs in the next while. Their headquarters is on exchange st in dublin ( in behind the turks head ) . You can find them on facebook aswell.

This was set up by Dylan Haskins of hideaway house fame / infammy.

I am NOT trying to find people. I'm just trying to start a discussion on life living in Town as a teenager
    I am NOT trying to find people.

i just want to talk to other people about the random things you see in the City Center e.g: Funny Junkies (no offence intended because there has to be a subject of a joke or it usualy isn't funny).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the clearasil & hormones forum is themed towards teenagers, maybe you can find something in there

the clearasil & hormones forum is themed towards teenagers, maybe you can find something in there

yeah I am on that forum thanks anywho.

And I'll pobobly post this thread there as well.......... or maybe not if I'm just gonna get the same reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah I am on that forum thanks anywho.

And I'll pobobly post this thread there as well.......... or maybe not if I'm just gonna get the same reply

you will be talking mainly to teenagers so chances are it wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What kind of people are you trying to find OP...be more specific and maybe we can help....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

It seems perfectly clear to me that the OP is not looking to 'find' anyone! Sounds like he has plenty of mates and a good social life!

I think he just feels he's in an unusual situation (being a teenager growing up in the city centre) so wants to see if there's anyone else out there in the same situation.

Seems clear to me, don't think he needs suggestions how to make friends!!

Kooli wrote: »
    It seems perfectly clear to me that the OP is not looking to 'find' anyone! Sounds like he has plenty of mates and a good social life!

I think he just feels he's in an unusual situation (being a teenager growing up in the city centre) so wants to see if there's anyone else out there in the same situation.

Finaly somebody takes the hint

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Kooli wrote: »

No I think he's looking to meet someone.

:p

Just messing.

I live in Dublin 1 and would agree with the OP there doesn't seem to be that many teenagers living in the city centre. I think part of it is because there isn't that much of a culture of families living in apartments/flats historically in Ireland, which is probably related to high levels of home ownership in Ireland compared to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Tbf I don't know where in town you live memento but theres tonnes of teenagers living in town maybe not in the IFSC or around a lot of the new apartments but overall its still brimming with teens. So what exactly are you looking to talk about with other teens in town OP?

So what exactly are you looking to talk about with other teens in town OP?

Hmmm... Honestly i don't really know.......

I do have one really good mate (also 16) who lives in smithfield and we mostly talk about just random stuff like seeing junkies, beggers and even shops getting robbed and the insuing chase. We talk about this lightly and think what ever doesn't kill us just makes us stronger so i am not scared or anything like that.

Oh and i'm new so does OP mean "Original Poster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Have you found many new people?

PS: OP = original poster, you were right!

banquo wrote: »
    Have you found many new people?

PS: OP = original poster, you were right!

Nope, I've sorta given up on the whole thing... It was too hard and i'm not on boards enough to care a huge amount.

PS: yay

Advertisement