Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commute to Finglas from Glenageary?

• 27-08-2009 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Starting from next week I've to head out to Finglas (Cappagh Hospital) every morning for 2 weeks, coming from Glenageary. Currently weighing up options regarding commuting:

1) DART to Connolly, 40D to Cappagh. The DART takes about 30 minutes, 15 minute walk to Parnell St, 40D supposedly takes another 30 minutes to get to Cappagh. Total time 1 hour 15 minutes. Does anyone know if this is realistic? How reliable is the 40D?

2) Drive. Google Maps has it taking about 40-45 minutes using the M50. If I want to get there by about 7.45 what time would I actually have to leave at, and is it best to use the Blanch exit (with all the roadworks) or the Finglas exit (with more roadworks on the way up to it) at that hour of the morning?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Breezer wrote: »
    Starting from next week I've to head out to Finglas (Cappagh Hospital) every morning for 2 weeks, coming from Glenageary. Currently weighing up options regarding commuting:

1) DART to Connolly, 40D to Cappagh. The DART takes about 30 minutes, 15 minute walk to Parnell St, 40D supposedly takes another 30 minutes to get to Cappagh. Total time 1 hour 15 minutes. Does anyone know if this is realistic? How reliable is the 40D?

2) Drive. Google Maps has it taking about 40-45 minutes using the M50. If I want to get there by about 7.45 what time would I actually have to leave at, and is it best to use the Blanch exit (with all the roadworks) or the Finglas exit (with more roadworks on the way up to it) at that hour of the morning?

Thanks!

The 40D is quite reliable and operates every 13-15 minutes in the morning peak outbound. 30-40 minutes would be a good estimate of the travel time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

KC61 wrote: »
    The 40D is quite reliable and operates every 13-15 minutes in the morning peak outbound. 30-40 minutes would be a good estimate of the travel time.
    Thanks KC61. Where exactly does it go from in Parnell St, do you know?

I think I'm going to drive it tomorrow morning and see how long it takes, and make my decision based on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is the part of Parnell street which is to the right off O'Connell stree if you are coming up O'Connell St from the south side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

1st stop on the northern side of Parnell Street, east of Parnell Square/O'Connell Street.

Advertisement