Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest 2

Options
  • 27-08-2009 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Wondering do any peeps out there play this? I just unfroze my account going to see if i can play a little as soon as the servers come back online after a brief update. Any "splitpaw vs runnyeye" takers? i'm on splitpaw but don't know anything about runnyeye.

Otherwise does anyone know of any similar games in complexity (other then wow) Some people hate it but i like having lots of buttons and abilities and the fact that eq2 is so huge. In the end though the community beats all. You could be playing a text game you just made up 5 mins ago in irc and still have fun. Unfortunately eq2's population is ever dwindling on some servers and the communities are rather closed from the rest of the servers in their own guilds.

I had a look at axion... It looked like a modded version of guild wars with not very diverse character customisation and pretty simple. It kind of put me off and since i'd have to buy the game to try it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 motd2k

You should definitely check out Aion, its in open beta at the moment as an added bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irishdreamer84

everquest 2 is being dumbed down to something similar to wow easiness and with every patch but hardware requirements go up. Very fun game, have played for approx 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

wolfric wrote: »
    Otherwise does anyone know of any similar games in complexity (other then wow) Some people hate it but i like having lots of buttons and abilities and the fact that eq2 is so huge. In the end though the community beats all. You could be playing a text game you just made up 5 mins ago in irc and still have fun. Unfortunately eq2's population is ever dwindling on some servers and the communities are rather closed from the rest of the servers in their own guilds.

I had a look at axion... It looked like a modded version of guild wars with not very diverse character customisation and pretty simple. It kind of put me off and since i'd have to buy the game to try it.
    I looked at Aion too, and the screeshots look nice, but i have similar complaints.
    To me it looks like a glorified Tekken, which could be fun to play i suppose.
    However i don't really like the artistic sytlisations of the weapons and armour. It's almost as over-the-top as WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

everquest 2 is being dumbed down to something similar to wow easiness and with every patch but hardware requirements go up. Very fun game, have played for approx 4 years

I never had a problem running EQ2 until they added that poxy card game. Once that was added the game became a lag fest and exactly the same thing happened when they added it to SWG. For some insane ****ing reason the EQ2 Devs though building the game engine around the CPU rather than the graphics card was a smart move :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

I've stopped playing at this stage i played for about the same amount of time on and off. I think they just make the lower level content easier so you can complete it and get onto the higher level content and better expansion packs. The solo content SHOULD be dead easy so you're not blocking people from playing if they are first time players or may be young or just bad players.

Epicly though i've found the raids were more advanced and interesting as the game went along (and even harder)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The low level content in Kunark was said to be pretty damm good from what i heard.

Advertisement