Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year module registration now open

Options
  • 27-08-2009 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

And has been since 7.30am. Start your engines!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Eamon27

I've been doing this since it opened at 7.30, still not finsihed. I'm wondering how I'm going to be able to get between the science building and the Newman building inside of 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm completely finished! UCD here I come! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My Politics modules say to contact school office about tutorial times. Does that mean they are chosen for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

AHHH!!!!!AHHH!!!AHHHHH!!!!*click**click**click**click*

Done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

My Politics modules say to contact school office about tutorial times. Does that mean they are chosen for me?

Mine are the same. Anybody know the answer to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just registered my Science modules and my timetable looks very bare. Most labs/tutorials aren't added in yet, even though I registered for them.

I've registered for 2 electives, but the credits still aren't being counted for some reason. Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

My head hurts...

It seems I'll be living almost exclusively in Le Newman Building though:D

LAZY POWA

Eamon27 wrote: »
    I've registered for 2 electives, but the credits still aren't being counted for some reason. Anyone have an idea what's going on here?
    I think it's because we're only provisionally accepted yet.There's still a chance we could miss on our place in a module and not get the credits[Very,very unlikely] Don't worry too much about it once you've your electives picked your registered and ready to go

I got the credits for mine though - does that mean when I'm officially accepted to the electives I'll have 70 credits?? D:

• Advertisement

I got the credits for mine though - does that mean when I'm officially accepted to the electives I'll have 70 credits?? D:
    Possibly,how many electives did you pick for each semester?You only need to pick one for each afaik

I'll be bouncing between Health sciences and HUB[guessing it's the science building] for alternating lectures

Yep, one for each!

Methinks its this odd 'subject stream' thing theyve got goin on... I had only intended on doin 2 subjects(Not science, FYI) but theyre makin me pick a third?

Maybe Ive just gone and got my maffs wrong.

Off to find my calclator.

Now, 5+5+5+5+5+5+5...

I think it's because we're only provisionally accepted yet.There's still a chance we could miss on our place in a module and not get the credits[Very,very unlikely] Don't worry too much about it once you've your electives picked your registered and ready to go

Ok, cheers thanks. I guess I'm done then. Is anyone else trying to plan their timetable so they don't have to get up early? :p

Edit: Electives in learning Japanese? Yes please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 redsetter

Just did mine too, didnt get a chance to pick times really, only thing I am annoyed about is coming in on friday for 1 hour grrr..tried everything possible to avoid it but can't unless I drop the subject tee hee...ahhh well!!!!

Can you change around your modules etc when you get your definate elective place?

You know, just in case I DO end up with 70 credits D:

Dunno,I think you can still drop them if they clash/are too much work.

I'm in every morning at 9 o'clock but lecture wise[not sure about labs] I'm finishing at 1.Yay.

P.S:Anyone know how to read the timetables?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As it currently stands I don't have any 9 o'clock starts. In at 10 most days, which suits me fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pretty much all the stuff I wanted to do was in the first semster which is annoying as it's fairly lob-sided now.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Dunno,I think you can still drop them if they clash/are too much work.

I'm in every morning at 9 o'clock but lecture wise[not sure about labs] I'm finishing at 1.Yay.

P.S:Anyone know how to read the timetables?
    Click on calender in SIS
    or log into UCD connect, select "student record", click on "here" box and then "information for students" and then "weekly timetable" - gives you week by week timetable

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I've 9 o clock starts on thursday for boh semesters, but other than that I can't complain :D

• Advertisement

No,I mean the actual Time slots .Where is HUB Th. B?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Trying to register for Chemistry, it has automatically regg'd me for MATH10040/10050/10060 when I selected Mathematics, never asked me anything regard did I want to take O1 or O2 (The simpler one, ie the one I could in theory manage).

Can any one tell me how to change this?

Edit:I fixed that, but I only have 25 credits for Semester One, and 35 for Semester Two, and it allowed me through, is this ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

No,I mean the actual Time slots .Where is HUB Th. B?

I think the last 3 letters tell you the building. So if its HUB Th. B SCI its the science hub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

amtaxi wrote: »
    Click on calender in SIS
    or log into UCD connect, select "student record", click on "here" box and then "information for students" and then "weekly timetable" - gives you week by week timetable

Nice one, the weekly timetable is slightly less confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

havin trouble here, its saying ive only registered 40 outta 50 core credits firstly, but theres no options on the core module page to add any credits.

secondly, ive selected international politics, yet its saying it conflicts with my time table but there are about 20 offerings in it! surely one of em doesnt conflict!? but im not alowed to choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gracenotes

redsetter wrote: »
    Just did mine too, didnt get a chance to pick times really, only thing I am annoyed about is coming in on friday for 1 hour grrr..tried everything possible to avoid it but can't unless I drop the subject tee hee...ahhh well!!!!

That happened to me too with "Models of Democracy":mad:...i don't even want to do the module!
    Does anyone know why you HAVE to take a core module in a subject that you know you don't want to take in 2nd year?
    I'd rather take a lovely music module like "Opera":D

Fad wrote: »
    Edit:I fixed that, but I only have 25 credits for Semester One, and 35 for Semester Two, and it allowed me through, is this ok?

I would assume it is, you're just going to be a little bit more pushed for work during the 2nd sememster.

Where I have to register for a few tutorials, it says 'Contact School Office', but I just keep gettin put through the that feckin automated devil woman whenever I call. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Haven't got a clue. On one timetable it tells me i don't have classes on a friday... on another i apparently have 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

All my labs/tutorials say automatically registered, but they arent appearing on my timetable

Fad's Timetable so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gracenotes

Haven't got a clue. On one timetable it tells me i don't have classes on a friday... on another i apparently have 2...

One timetable is prob for Semester 1 and the other for Semester 2.

Advertisement