Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year module registration now open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeiraG

I did HIS10050 last year and passed it, so this year it says beside it "Taken 2008/09" so I can't select it again, however I still have its seminar automatically registered in my timetable. Any idea how to get rid of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Anyone else pick 3 subject/ streams for science?
    Or should we only pick 2?
    I picked 3 and it worked out ok because a lot of the material overlaps for the 3 subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Koala09

Yea same here im automatically registered for all my tutorials and practicals and its not on the timetable whats up with that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm in at 9am Monday - Thursday in semester 1 :mad: Only in at 9 one day in semester 2 though, could be worse I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

My timetable for semester one

I wonder when the practicals and tutorials are....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ice_cream

My credit statement says Im 10 short I think...says its incomplete anyway. But is that because its left out my electives as they are only provisional at the moment? I seem to have done everything else. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

how many electives did everyone pick,,i have 10 credits,,will that do??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Should I actually contact the Politics office about registering for tutorials? Or will they do it for me? I don't understand why it won't let me select the times myself online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

munchie14 wrote: »
    how many electives did everyone pick,,i have 10 credits,,will that do??

I have no electives.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm struggling to find anything of interest for a semester 1 elective!

• Advertisement

Is that reasonable that I'm in at 9am 4 days a week?!?!?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

:mad::mad:9 to 5 monday to friday ,wtf

Koala09 wrote: »
    Is that reasonable that I'm in at 9am 4 days a week?!?!?!!?

>_>

I think you should complain.........

leesmom wrote: »

I seem to have 12 hours.......:p

I would be a lot less bothered about this whole thing if my tutorials and labs were added on to it.

im soooo pissed off,my whole friday is taken up with no lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Should've picked arts if you wanted no hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

What course is this?

Sure you're not able to move anything around? Did you pick an elective on friday?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    What course is this?
    midwifery, 32 hours and i still have another one to choose,
    yeah im beginning to think i should have picked arts.
    semester 1 and that many hours:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Gaaah...my lectures are prechosen for me and i couldnt even picked times!I dont mind that so much but now one of my lectures in the second semester is clashing with my practical..It told me to choose time for my practical but the only choice i get is at the same time as my lecture!I tried choosing it but it keeps telling me that my time table clashes:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

It's probably too late, but does anyone know how I go about registering for Psychology minor if I'm doing Arts Omnibus (DN012)?

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Sure you're not able to move anything around? Did you pick an elective on friday?
    oh wait , i havent even picked an elective yet, more hours ,excellent:(

SugoiHito wrote: »
    Gaaah...my lectures are prechosen for me and i couldnt even picked times!I dont mind that so much but now one of my lectures in the second semester is clashing with my practical..It told me to choose time for my practical but the only choice i get is at the same time as my lecture!I tried choosing it but it keeps telling me that my time table clashes:mad:

That'll be sorted out in your first couple of weeks if not sooner. Don't worry about it. That's happened to me a few times and the lecturers sorted it out.

Actually, is the lecture with which it is clashing an elective? Cuz if it is then you'll have to drop it and pick something else...

oh wait , i havent even picked an elective yet, more hours ,excellent:(

Sh1t buzz!

I had 30+ hours in first year and you get used to it. Everyone in your course is the same so it just becomes normal. Plus I doubt you'll have much extra reading/essays to do like in other courses with few hours (arts). So when you're finished classes you don't have the thought of essays hanging over your head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

WeeBushy wrote: »
    That'll be sorted out in your first couple of weeks if not sooner. Don't worry about it. That's happened to me a few times and the lecturers sorted it out.

Actually, is the lecture with which it is clashing an elective? Cuz if it is then you'll have to drop it and pick something else...

Ah thanks!I got really stressed out there cos i couldnt do anything about it!Nah,its not an elective!I havnt chosen my electives yet...this is all preselected stuff!

SugoiHito wrote: »
    Ah thanks!I got really stressed out there cos i couldnt do anything about it!Nah,its not an elective!I havnt chosen my electives yet...this is all preselected stuff!

No problem. There can often mistakes like that.

Maybe talk to the lecturer or go to the programs office in your first week if it's annoying you, but sure it's not till next year anyway. You'll quickly find yourself not caring about these kind of things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Should I actually contact the Politics office about registering for tutorials? Or will they do it for me? I don't understand why it won't let me select the times myself online.

I'm not fully sure if it'll happen, but in one or two of the earlier lectures(1st/2nd week), they'll get ye to put your name on a sheet at the end of the lecture. The list you put your name on will be your tutorial time.

Daverage, ya dont really pick minors yet for first year Arts, thats more a 2nd/3rd year thing. To pick it as a 'minor'(easier to use that termonology alright), select it as subject you wanna do, but then only pick two modules, which will equal the 10 credits, which is a minor in 1st Arts.

On a side-note, sorry lads, but its funny seeing ye all cursing the hours and the system of choosing everything:D Maybe some more older people can hep though(or try too!!!)

My timetable for sem 1 shows both econ100010 and econ10020 but none of them for sem 2 and the module description for the second one says its a prerequisite or something i assume it means you got to do the first one before you study the second one? So why are they both stuck on sem 1 on the timetable?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

anyone else doin comp sci startin at 3 o clock on a monday real pain the hole that is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

well like...my registration was fine :) which made me more worried, but nope arts, 20 french, 20 english, 10 art history, 10 film studies

Advertisement