Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year module registration now open

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    If you are doing Arts you should have registered for your tutorials at the same time!

nah science

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

zeruda wrote: »
    Does any one else have a lot less lab/tutorials in semester 2 compared to semester 1??

It going to vary hugely between what subjects people are doing... If you have them all chosen correctly then that's just the way the lab/tutorials for your subjects work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Do you have to have an elective?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

kateos2 wrote: »
    Do you have to have an elective?

As long as you have the 60 credits filled, no.

I dont have one.

Fad wrote: »

I dont have one.

What course are you doing and what year are you in? AFAIK there is no first year course that has 60 credits worth of core modules. Did you pick two extra options from within your course, as these would be count as your electives.

Normally your electives must account for 10 credits (therefore you must pick 2 electives). They can be modules from within your course or from any other course offered in UCD, so long as you are eligible for the modules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

WeeBushy wrote: »
    What course are you doing and what year are you in? AFAIK there is no first year course that has 60 credits worth of core modules. Did you pick two extra options from within your course, as these would be count as your electives.

Normally your electives must account for 10 credits (therefore you must pick 2 electives). They can be modules from within your course or from any other course offered in UCD, so long as you are eligible for the modules.

Doing Science Omnibus and in order to keep options open (Degree paths) all my modules were taken up by the streams I picked (Chem, Phys and Comp Sci)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fad wrote: »

I dont have one.

grand, i have my 60 credits without one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I'm registered for 4 subjects (Information Studies - 20, Archaeology - 20, Irish Folklore - 10 and History - 20 ) which gives me 70 credits. Can I drop History and choose two electives instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cue wrote: »
    I'm registered for 4 subjects (Information Studies - 20, Archaeology - 20, Irish Folklore - 10 and History - 20 ) which gives me 70 credits. Can I drop History and choose two electives instead?

You'd have to pay for thsoe extra credits:eek: And yes, you can indeed if you want, or just drop 2 history modules if you want to do some history.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Are the 60 credits for the year? I've 35 for semester 1 and 25 for semester 2.

• Advertisement

Are the 60 credits for the year? I've 35 for semester 1 and 25 for semester 2.

Yep, for the year. You can divide them up any way that you want/can.

Advertisement