Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laytown races

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me to a website which would contain the times of the races in Laytown?

Also, if you get the train to Laytown, is it much of a walk to the beach where the races take place?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

www.hri.ie should contain all the info you need.

The first race is @5pm.

To walk from the train station to the racefield should take no more than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

There are no race times on the HRI site that I could see so thanks very much for answering so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

I'm sure you'll be able to find out more infro trough the local papers like the Drogheda Independent and Drogheda Leader.

Also to my recollection they run a shuttle bus to and from the station throughout the meeting so you can save your energy for running back and forth to the on course bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

try paddy power?
    where you getting the train from? coz there is none from dublin at the min. but i think its running from drog as far as skerries. not 100% on that so dont quote me on it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Got this reply from the race organisers -
    Scheduled start of first race on Tuesday 1st September is 5.00pm last race 7.30pm. 6 races

Thanks again for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

This should help:

http://www.goracing.ie/Content/HRI/HRIData/hrimeeting.aspx?mid=2009-243

I went last year, it lashed rain and I didnt have a win but still enjoyed the day out!

Advertisement