Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bittersweet Chocolate

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Where can it be bought?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You reading an American recipe? I'd say any 70% or higher chocolate will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

I think it was olaola. Think that makes sense. 70% stuff gets used a lot in cooking doesnt it.
    olaola wrote: »
    You reading an American recipe? I'd say any 70% or higher chocolate will do the trick.

I think it was olaola. Think that makes sense. 70% stuff gets used a lot in cooking doesnt it.

It's usually the standard in recipes where they require chocolate alright. What you making?

Was toying with the idea of devil's cake i think it was!
    It's usually the standard in recipes where they require chocolate alright. What you making?

The 70% will do the trick nicely so! Let me know how it works out... I may be chasing you for the recipe :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Semi-sweet usually means Bourneville or the like - dark chocolate that's not very dark. So yeah, I'd agree that bittersweet means 70% +.

Thanks, olaola, i did say toying thoug!! Will let you know. Course ill send you the recipe!

Cheers
    The 70% will do the trick nicely so! Let me know how it works out... I may be chasing you for the recipe :D

Thanks Faith
    Faith wrote: »
    Semi-sweet usually means Bourneville or the like - dark chocolate that's not very dark. So yeah, I'd agree that bittersweet means 70% +.

Advertisement