Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bulmers Pear

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I hate the apple cider by bulmers but love the pear and was in my local last nite and heard an exlaination as to why bulmers have launched it; seemingly the apple crop or harvest has been so bad that the apples taste terrible and the sales have plummeted-any truth in this??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

not sure about that but I'd assume that the Swedish ciders have started impacting heavily on bulmers sales ... and they countered with their pear cider

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I'm not sure that could be true. How long has the apple crop been bad? They would have to grow a massive pear crop to compensate. You can't do that overnight.

And why would a pear crop be okay and an appley crop be bad? They grow in similar conditions. Why wouldn't they just plant more apple trees?

I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Tried the Pear Cider. It was quite nice, although I only took a couple of sips. Not sure I could drink much of it.

Advertisement