Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where has all the cobra gone??

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

is there a reason why all the cobra has disappeared from tesco's, wilton and killarney, dunnes bishoptowns and macroom, should i be worried?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Well according to Wikipedia the company is in administration. The beer is still for sale in Dublin, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

the contract was up for renewal last month and the gleeson group took over the contract to distribute it in Ireland so it is probally just taking a bit of time to find its way into the system. most dunnes should have it pretty soon if not already as gleesons distribute the majority of their beers to their shops

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was just down in cork on the weekend, and bought some bottles of cobra from the carry out offie on old college road if thats any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

http://www.bitterwallet.com/deathwatch-profits-fall-to-naan-at-all-for-cobra-beer/12620

They nearly went bust, so that's why there is a temporary lull in supply.

• Advertisement

I was just down in cork on the weekend, and bought some bottles of cobra from the carry out offie on old college road if thats any help?

nice work, got a load last night :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

As an aside, I've been relocated to London and I spotted 2 new Cobra beer products at a Tesco in East London

Cobra Bite - one with lime and the other with ginger. I'm drinking a ginger one now and it's bloody lovely.

http://www.cobrabeer.com/beers/index#bite

Looks like they have Lemongrass and blood orange too. I'll stick to ginger and Lime ;)

well lads it all seems to be gone in cork and on line in obriens, did it make it back to the shelves in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

I work in an off licence in dublin and we're able to get it no problem off gleesons.

wobzilla wrote: »
    I work in an off licence in dublin and we're able to get it no problem off gleesons.

wtf how come its not back in tescos or dunnes? ermm i wonder if gleesons will deliver me a few boxes :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

tinner777 wrote: »
    wtf how come its not back in tescos or dunnes? ermm i wonder if gleesons will deliver me a few boxes :pac::pac:

you managed to comment exactly 24 hours after i did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Isn't Cobra run by one of the blokes from Dragon's Den? That's not very good advertising for the show if their businesses are going bust...

Also, Cobra is horrible IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

I seen lime & lemongrass flavoured cobra in Tescos last night.

tinner777 wrote: »

If you start asking for it in dunnes, they might eventually pull their fingers out and get it relisted. But dunnes have cut a lot of specialty beers lately so they might not bother relisting it at all.

Advertisement