Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv dial up

Options
  • 27-08-2009 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

anyone experiencing exceptionally slow speeds on dial up yesterday and today?

never fast but it's desperate now.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Whats "dial up" :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

muffler wrote: »
    Whats "dial up" :rolleyes: :D

:D

Still better than having to ask the operator to 'put you through'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Using my last carrier pigeon to send this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

irish1967 wrote: »
    Using my last carrier pigeon to send this post.

Ok show off.:p

Its not easy sending smoke signals at this time of night in Ballybofey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

No wonder I couldn't use my mirror to send flashes just now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

emmemm wrote: »
    anyone experiencing exceptionally slow speeds on dial up yesterday and today?

never fast but it's desperate now.:(

I'm sorry for your troubles OP - it must be really lousy having to rely on dial-up when you can't get broadband. Not to mention having to put up with the kids taking a hand at you. Never mind, they'll be back at school next week :D
    One thing I used when I had dial-up was On Speed (compression software) - it costs about £25 a year but it really did speed things up. I think you can get a trial of it too - 30 days or so - to see if it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Am I right in assuming dial-up (dear) customers subsidise broadband (cheap) customers.

Thanks for the onspeed tip, tried them years ago.. good at first but diminished in effectiveness.

Advertisement