Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 price drop

• 27-08-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

In response to Sony I imagine... full details: http://shoryuken.ie/?p=1467

Elite going to €250, 60GB "pro" being axed with the arcade going to €200

Makes Christmas a bit more competitive against the PS3!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i read about the elite price drop and them axing the pro version(i wonder if they will start pulling 60gb hard drives from production.

also the thing about the arcade doesnt make much sense.

its 170 at the moment in most places.

really wierd that its going to be 200 now.

well i dont mind as i have my elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

i was going to get the 60 gig model i thought this was already about 220-230 most places and a bit cheaper in the north

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thecross1 wrote: »
    i was going to get the 60 gig model i thought this was already about 220-230 most places and a bit cheaper in the north

You'll still be able to pick one up handy I imagine. They're going to stop producing them, but what's on shelves is still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I got my arcade system new a month ago for 180 with two games and a dvd remote, was an ok deal i guess, had to get a HD though but that was only 20 quid...

yea i think ill get it 2 day, i was waiting 4 xmas its 4 my kids, so i think 2 day is the day, ill just put it up 4 them (me) lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wonder what trade in prices will be like now

yea i just checked argos.ie the 60gig is 229euro. is it worth getting the elite 279euro i know ive seen that cheaper some where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

yea i think ill get it 2 day, i was waiting 4 xmas its 4 my kids, so i think 2 day is the day, ill just put it up 4 them (me) lol.

go 4 it, u wont b disappointed, m8 :rolleyes:

the 60gig version in the north is 166.49 pounds thats a good price i think ill go up there instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The 60gb is €199 in Xtravision since at least the other week when the rumors that the price cut was coming next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

is it worth getting the elite 279euro i know ive seen that cheaper some where

HMV have the best deal on the elite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Have we heard anything from the horse's mouth about this?

The US got a price drop just announced there, but I didn't hear anything about Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

creggy wrote: »

The US got a price drop just announced there, but I didn't hear anything about Europe.

Looking at the US prices, we were already paying less then them than what we should be. MS never do a direct €-$ conversion. In the UK the price has gone up because of the value of the £ to the $.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

creggy wrote: »

The link I provided (http://shoryuken.ie/?p=1467) is from the horses mouth, with a quote from MS Ireland too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I think 360 price increase might have been a more suitable title!

Arcade is going up in price.

The next SKU up is going up in price (60GB Pro was 200-230 depending on where you looked, this Elite that's replacing it is 250). Yes the new Elite has more hard drive space, but it's not got HD cables, and making your only SKU with a HDD cost more than before seems like a backward step to me.

If I'm reading it right on MCV accessory prices are going up too.

WTF?

went out shopping 4 this today some places hadnt got the 60 gig, but hmv had the 60 gig for 211euro with a game, but when i ask was the price going to be going down, i was told it would be cheaper from monday but he didnt know how much it would be but im assuming it will be under 200euro. extravision told me it was going to be going down from tomorow. HAPPY DAYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Xtravision are doing the Elite for €249.99 with an extra Noir (thats black to us regular folk) controller.

I'm debating whether to upgrade now or later, I still have a launch console with the massive 13GB HD. Can you still get the data cable to transfer data from one HD to another ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Can you still get the data cable to transfer data from one HD to another ?

I got a new HD and just started my games again, you keep all you achievements. Thank god I started bioshock again, one of my favourite games ever, forgot how good it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I got a new HD and just started my games again, you keep all you achievements. Thank god I started bioshock again, one of my favourite games ever, forgot how good it was

Don't want to lose any DLC or all the cars I've built in Forza !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

you just download the dlc again and it doesnt cost you anything once you have bought it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

wonder how much they'll charge for the 250G HDD on its own, I'm still with the 20G (13G!) and was going to upgrade to 120G soon, think I'll hold on

i just bought an elite for 240euro with a game and extra wireless conytroler in hmv henry street dublin

just noticed controller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looks like I'm not the only one looking for an elite as an upgrade.

Link below has details on transferring your data to a new Elite and how
    to order the cable.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm

Advertisement