Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag accents on the rise

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

badaulname wrote: »
    Iraq by the sounds of it!:rolleyes:

Along the lines of whats wrong with perfectly respectable
    Gold Chain wearing, tracksuit white socks over the legs,
    skumbag accent gis a fag il a.. .attitude In best tradition of the Limerick Bitching Boards
    Whats wrong with Iraq ?
    (Joking poeple.........before someone starts to complain :-) )
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

baza1976 wrote: »
    Why don't you look at some of the anti regeneration threads you have started and see what I think.

Here, I'll give you a helping start :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055629740
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055584200&page=2
    Baza1976 if you have a personal problem with my opinion write me a personal message,dont try to bully me on a thread.You know my views on regeneration what are yours?

You keep asking my views on regeneration????? I told you already to look at the anti-regeneration threads you started that my views/posts are in there.

The only problem I have with you and a few others on here have also mentioned it, is that every thread you start in this forum is "anti limerick".
    I struggle to see where you have said anything positive about Limerick.

I have no personal issue with you as I don't know you, so you won't be getting a PM from me.

Thanks for the invite anyway, I'm flattered.

Baza,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rinty

guns4fun wrote: »
    i suppose so

Very posh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rinty

I think the knacker accent is another form of the "i love mum tatoo" Its just scares the f... out of evolved humans. It serves its function. Posh people also can have a silly accent(Thatcher, mouth full of carrots accent). This helps them to know who should and who should not be in government. Its a world thing spreading from the eternal scumbag..From hip hop to Ballinasloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

In the Newport secondary school, there is a big sign outside the sports hall that reads "NO TACKIES"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ilovecars wrote: »
    In the Newport secondary school, there is a big sign outside the sports hall that reads "NO TACKIES"..

Do people still call runners tackies?

Bit odd that they would have a sign like that outside a sports hall. What do they want the kids to wear instead in the sports hall?

I can understand them wanting shoes for general classes, but not for PE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blobber

ya but the thing is since this regen program came in its spreading out in to country side parts of clare and tipp been taken over by the sh$£y accent if you work in limerick you now cant get away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

blobber wrote: »
    ya but the thing is since this regen program came in its spreading out in to country side parts of clare and tipp been taken over by the sh$£y accent if you work in limerick you now cant get away from it

You could always move to greenland.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was in Pennys the other day and these two schoolgirls were queuing to buy something, doing they typical "I'm a scumbag so everyones attention must be on me" thing, talking in scobey accents really loudly to each other about how "handicapped" the other was, which as met with the utterly brilliant "im handicapped, you're PURE handicapped!" retort, got a few looks from people in a uniform "shut up you stupid bitches" way, but as they were on the way out in front of me their accents totally changed once they were away from people, talking in a normal Limerick accent to each other, so obviously putting on the scobey one, why bother ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Apologies for digging up this old thread but I thought it pointless starting up a new one for one single query.

Yert or Yurt: I've seen the word graffitied about the place, one such example is on the first railway bridge on the Cratloe - Sixmilebridge road. Can anyone explain what Yert means? I know it's some sort of Limerickism but I can't tell what it means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

I want to know what this "yup yup yup" thing is about?
    Also, whats this walking around with two hands down their pants about??

I wonder what the warm weather will bring....surely they can't tuck their pants into their socks when its warm.....they'll also get very warm wearing a bullet proof vest and a big heavy jacket to disguise it......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Gymsey wrote: »
    I want to know what this "yup yup yup" thing is about?
    Also, whats this walking around with two hands down their pants about??

I wonder what the warm weather will bring....surely they can't tuck their pants into their socks when its warm.....they'll also get very warm wearing a bullet proof vest and a big heavy jacket to disguise it......

Yup Yup Yup is usually used with they are jockeying there horses but now it is used more frequently even when they are just walking???

The fashion will I just like to laugh at that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think they're just noises they make, like "woohoo" or "ye-hey".

Neither really means anything, but if these people stayed quiet enough for long enough to produce a meaningful thought they'd probably die of the shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I think they're just noises they make, like "woohoo" or "ye-hey".

Or WAaaaaa.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Funny thread.

Made me think of something a friend an I saw on O'Connell St, Duuuubliiiin a while back.

A Young Wan pushing a buggy with a little young fella of about 6 in tow. He was dawdling and she stops and

says : "C'mere will yah!".
    He : "Hah?".
    She: "I said 'C'mere', and its not 'Hah?', its 'Wha?'."

Good to see she was teaching how to talk proper! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

campo wrote: »
    Yup Yup Yup is usually used with they are jockeying there horses but now it is used more frequently even when they are just walking???

That reminds me of the old joke about 3 guys sitting an exam to get into pyschology class in Trinity. They are each asked to provide a word that is the opposite to "woe".

THe guy from Dublin says "happiness", the guy from Cork says "elation" and the sham from Limerick having thought for a few minutes says......."giddy up"!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

campo wrote: »

That reminds me of the old joke about 3 guys sitting an exam to get into pyschology class in Trinity. They are each asked to provide a word that is the opposite to "woe".

THe guy from Dublin says "happiness", the guy from Cork says "elation" and the sham from Limerick having thought for a few minutes says......."giddy up"!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant I will defo be using this in the pub this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Apologies for digging up this old thread but I thought it pointless starting up a new one for one single query.

Yert or Yurt: I've seen the word graffitied about the place, one such example is on the first railway bridge on the Cratloe - Sixmilebridge road. Can anyone explain what Yert means? I know it's some sort of Limerickism but I can't tell what it means.

there be zombies, threads that is

don't dig up old posts please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement