Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview

Options
  • 27-08-2009 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Advice please!

I'm doing a radio interview soon and would not have a strong speaking voice and I might come accross a uncertain or very nervous.

Any suggestions or advice to have a stronger sounding voice for the interview.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Man up, willya!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just forget about it being a radio interview and think of it as a chat.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Perpare Prepare Prepare.

Take your time, dont rush or you will get flustered. Radio is very informal, just sit there and chat with the host, try and forget the audience. Keep a constant distance from the mike too, so that your sound levels will be ok... not to close and not too far, but its not like you have to sit stock still or anything.

Practise and prepare, that will bring familiarity and that will in turn bring confidence.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Exactly, know what you need to say. Bring a list with you as no one will know! Enjoy it and think of it as an informal chat.

If you are confident about what you are going to say then that helps with nerves. I think practicing being interviewed is a good way...I think actors call it 'rehearsing':D so give that a try.
    Best of luck

Advertisement