Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking in Ballsbridge

• 27-08-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to know of cheap/free parking in the Ballsbridge area. Will need to park up for the day so €3 per hour isnt feasible right now or ever...

Are there any day rate parking facilities around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Bump... this all kicks off tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is a lot of free parking in and around D4 but you won't find people advertising it online.

Go and have a drive around yourself.

It's a bit of a gamble driving in on the off chance I'll come across a free space. Thanks for the advice, though. I might get the train up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Cringer wrote: »
    Bump... this all kicks off tomorrow

It can be a nightmare for parking. I know people who spend a fortune on parking around there. It's also clamper central at times.

An option is to keep an eye out for private parking up for rent.

There is also excelent public transport to Ballsbridge. Is this an option? Park elsewhere and grab the bus or Dart? It would be much cheaper!

MiniD wrote: »
    There is also excelent public transport to Ballsbridge. Is this an option? Park elsewhere and grab the bus or Dart? It would be much cheaper!

I was thinking of parking at Maynooth station, but I hear dreadful stories of space shortages. I would look to be going in around 645am so anyone any idea if Maynooth is ok at that time for spaces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cringer wrote: »
    I was thinking of parking at Maynooth station, but I hear dreadful stories of space shortages. I would look to be going in around 645am so anyone any idea if Maynooth is ok at that time for spaces?

You would get a spot at the station at that time (and a seat on the train), but of course it is pay parking in Maynooth. There is free 'public' parking (I'm not referring to housing estates) in areas adjacent to the station, but that tends to go quicker.

There is free parking around Ballsbridge/Sandymount/Merrion-but you really have to know where to look and of course it tends to go quickly.

You can also park for the day for €10 in the city centre-there are 2 places around Tara St that come to mind.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    You would get a spot at the station at that time (and a seat on the train), but of course it is pay parking in Maynooth.

is it hourly parking in Maynooth station? How much?

Thanks Redsoxfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

€2 per day at the moment as far as I know.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/carpark_information.asp

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    €2 per day at the moment as far as I know.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/carpark_information.asp

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

at that time you will get parking no problem in the station. train is 6.38 and change in connolly or 6.58 and change in pearse

• Advertisement

Thanks for that... Is the station open to buy tickets at that time? How much is the car park do you know?

Advertisement