Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office Enterprise Edition 2007 €47.44 Delivered

• 27-08-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Right, so I was told by someone about this website that sells student/faculty software cheaply. I had a look, and noticed an interesting line...
    The software can be purchased by students, teachers and family members for home use.

In truth, they don't verify whether you're a student or not anyway.

I placed an order yesterday morning, and lo and behold, what arrived this morning only the software with attached licence key. Just installed it with no problems.

MS Ofiice Enterprise 2007 for less than 50 quid. Not bad, I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Same deal here:
    http://www.software4students.ie/

Orders MS Office Enterprise software two weeks ago for €47 - arrived two days later. Working great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If you're not a student you're not licensed to use the software.

You may as well just download a cracked/pirated version, or copy someone elses key, you'd be in the same position legally but would have saved yourself forty odd quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

spockety wrote: »

You may as well just download a cracked/pirated version, or copy someone elses key, you'd be in the same position legally but would have saved yourself forty odd quid.

I'm not a student, I'm faculty. :)

And going by what it says on their site, it's open to 'family members for home use'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I always thought that the version of Office aimed at home / students was Office Home & Student.

Enterprise is aimed at the Business market... I did not realise it came with a student /home license and according to the Microsot website, it is only available through volume licensing (hence the enterprise tag).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

spockety wrote: »

well i am not a lawyer, i am not even Irish, but:

as long as you get your software from legit source as that one law is not broken

if from other hand you not meet conditions of software End User Licence Agreement microsoft can fill a civil lawsuit
    against you BUT they need to find out first (impossible) and they must prove that they had loses that need to be compensated (hard to prove anything more than difference between this price and normal retail price)

(personally i am using open office, so i dont really care for ms office that much, but violating eula is not the same thing as criminal responsibility for illegal software)

• Advertisement

Terms from Software4students:

1. All School, College, University students and their family members are eligible!

2. No Student ID required: As an Official Microsoft Partner, our offers extend beyond academic email address holders so that any family member or guardian can buy on behalf of a pupil or student.

3. You receive Full Professional version software at an academic price for lifetime use at home only.

(more here)

As long as someone from your family is studying or in school (primary, secondary) you can buy the software. The license is then for lifetime use or at least until you need Office 2010/11/12....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sounds legit to me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

What software is in the package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

A much better bargain alert is just use Open Office which is free.

The vast majority of people won't recognise any difference as the interface and functionality is similar. Once you configure Open Office to save as MS Office you won't look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

What happens when you are no longer a student?

Does the licence expier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes, and continued use is in breach of terms.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

m8 wrote: »
    What happens when you are no longer a student?

Does the licence expier?
    Yes, and continued use is in breach of terms.

MC

from the frequently asked questions:
    http://www.software4students.ie/FAQ.aspx#q24

Will my software still belong to me when I leave school or college?
    Yes, the license offered to you by Microsoft is a perpetual license and does not expire when you cease to be a student. You can still use the products after you graduate or leave college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Come on lads, I am shareholder... I need my shares to go up so that I can pay for the kids college education in 15 years time. Please don't be breaking the license agreement;)

Paddy

GG66 wrote: »
    What software is in the package?

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 includes TEN fantastic programs.
    That's more than any other version!

- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
    - Microsoft Office Word 2007
    - Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
    - Microsoft Office Groove 2007
    - Microsoft Office Access 2007
    - Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
    - Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
    - Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
    - Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
    - Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

I have purchased from software4students. Received the CD with Office key. I have used Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher and all appear to be the full version. There does not seem to be any catch. I am very happy with this purchase.

Please don't be breaking the license agreement;)

As long as you are using it for personal use and not running a business I dont believe you are breaking any license agreement.

Bluetonic wrote: »

The vast majority of people won't recognise any difference as the interface and functionality is similar. Once you configure Open Office to save as MS Office you won't look back.
    that is perfectly true ONLY if you compare the latest version of openoffice with ms office 2000, or maybe 2003 in some areas if i'm feeling generous.

openoffice is just starting to catch up with ms office 2003 in ease of use, features and appearance. the only person who would even think of comparing openoffice with office 2007 is the sort of person who has never used it.

i use both extensively, i have openoffice on a linux pc at home and i used to use it on a windows pc too until i got fed up with it after using ms office 2007 at work for a while and discovering how much better it is compared to previous versions of (ms)office.

i still use openoffice on the linux pc at home because it's the best option available to me, but on a windows pc, if i had the choice of openoffice for free or spending 50 quid on ms office 2007 i'd get my wallet out and pay the fifty every time, there's just no comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Been using that site for MS purchases for a while now.

Um, where are the two moaners in the thread gone now that their objections have been proven wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

gambiaman wrote: »
    Um, where are the two moaners in the thread gone now that their objections have been proven wrong?

Was thinking the same thing. I'm all for opinion but making statements that are blatently untrue is likely to scupper people going out and buying a product if they accept the wrong statement as being correct.

gambiaman wrote: »
    when the lights come on, the bugs scatter back into the darkness. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Thanks, OP

I ordered this last night. No problems with the purchase. Cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Does this contain the Business Contact Manager?

I presume this feature is what was once called the 'Contacts' tab in Office 2000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

have 3 comps in the house can we use it on all 3?

Ah yes, Redmond needs the cash so keep perpetuating the myth that M$ products are better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Amalgam wrote: »
    Does this contain the Business Contact Manager?

I presume this feature is what was once called the 'Contacts' tab in Office 2000?

BCM is not the same as contacts, contacts is still there.

BCM does a lot of interesting this that I have yet to see anyone use. Personally I find it buggy and always uninstall it.

smodgley wrote: »

I suspect the keycode will only activate on one machine - I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

J@yK@y wrote: »
    I suspect the keycode will only activate on one machine - I could be wrong.

3 machines. All working fine for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Site says 2 pc's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Which is better to order from?

I'm just about to get it for college :)

Went for student software not 100% sure what my student email was and the other one seemed to require it

Hmm, I ordered mine at the weekend and there is no sign of it yet.

Anyone having problems with delivery? Perhaps a lot of orders went in, but it says on the website 24 hr delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Moon54 wrote: »

Anyone having problems with delivery? Perhaps a lot of orders went in, but it says on the website 24 hr delivery?
    Same here. ordered it sunday night. No sign of it yet though. I ordered from software for students btw

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Your media will then be mailed to you. It is usually delivered within three working days, but may take up to ten days depending on delays and other factors.

They maybe were out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Bluetonic wrote: »

Thats rubbish. OpenOffice is in no way comparable to Office 2007.
    The only package that is in anyway good is Writer which would be comparable to Word 2003 in features, ease of use.
    Calc is absolute garbage and doesn't hold a candle to Excel 2003, let alone 2007 version; same for Base & Impress which is a poor clone of Powerpoint.

I might not the biggest MS fan in the world but there is no denying Office 2007 is by far the best work software suite on the market, even a casual user would not deny this.

byte wrote: »
    They maybe were out of stock.
    looder wrote: »
    Same here. ordered it sunday night. No sign of it yet though. I ordered from software for students btw

Also waiting on it,Ordered mine Tuesday,As long as it's here before September 21st it's fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Well I'm close enough to the company the op recommended. Hopefully they'll let me go in and pick it up. :)

Any update on this?Anybody got theirs today?

• Advertisement

I still haven't received mine.. :mad:

It's been a week now. The money has been taken from my credit card, but no software or even an email to say what's happening. I ordered from software4students.ie, btw.

I still haven't received mine.. :mad:

It's been a week now. The money has been taken from my credit card, but no software or even an email to say what's happening. I ordered from software4students.ie, btw.

Yeah that's who I ordered from..

Think i'm going to send them an email

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Yeah that's who I ordered from..

Think i'm going to send them an email

I emailed them after I posted this and still got no response...Anyone got theirs yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered last Friday (4th), just arrived this morning.

Arrived today too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Arrived today too :)
    Must've been a stock issue so.

Yeah, mine arrived today, too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

order for microsoft office enterprise 2007 just placed..and the wait begins!

Its a pity the Irish Government (sorry I forgot its Biffos buffoons we have at the mo) hasn't got the balls to go Open Source, it would save this country pissing away millions in M$ tax in licensing and other nonsense. Free the future for the children to be rid of the tyranny of Redmond and the Balmerites

And please those that want to agrue "Oh but M$ pays so much tax here.." Mmmm that's coz they tax dodge in other countries and make use of our weak company regulations in the tax area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

What college name did you enter in the order form?

Advertisement