Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dye Sub Printers

• 27-08-2009 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a dye sub printer capable of 10" x 8". Can anyone recommend any vendors in Dublin? DML stock a Sony range, but I'd like to compare them with a few other options.

Portability is not a requirement. I'd prefer a cost-per-print machine also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm going with photomart.co.uk and buying the cheaper mitsubishi. I have used it previously will costs circa €800 and per print circa 60c as far as I recall. Quality is good, prints on a4 sheet and then use a rotary cutter to trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Photomart looks good, thanks. I like the look of the MITSUBISHI CP3800DW.

Photomart looks good, thanks. I like the look of the MITSUBISHI CP3800DW.

Oh yes, I would favour that one although budget doesnt stratch that far.

I did use the cheaper one and I love the quality to be honest. As I wouldnt really be bringing it on location I dont think there is a need for me to spend the extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

have a look at dl kirkpatrick in the north too, they do the mitsibushi and sony stuff, chances are they will be at photovision

stcstc wrote: »
    have a look at dl kirkpatrick in the north too, they do the mitsibushi and sony stuff, chances are they will be at photovision

I was up with DL Kirkpatrick today. Absolutely lovely people, I don't think I've ever met shop staff so friendly. Great stock of albums too, I picked up a few samples.

I bought the Mitsubishi CP3800DW from them today. Took it home, all excited, went to install it and...

...to my horror, there are no Vista 64 bit drivers available for it! How ridiculous is that? Absolutely disgusted with Mitsubishi. I have a workaround by setting it up as a networked printer on my 2nd PC (XP) but that's a pain in the nuts. Mitsu support replied to an email I sent, telling me to check their site again in a month, so we'll see then. Still, unbelievable.

On a brighter note, the print quality is superb, so no more outsourcing prints for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Not for 64bit they won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have worked with the Kodak one and found that in long term testing the failure rate on the mechanicals is quite high and the quality control on the media is awful. I would reccomend any of the Mitsubishi dye sub printers especially the 3800, good workhorse and the quality is excellent, Sony also make good machines but with large volumes budget for a head blowing at least once a year.

I agree with Border, my budget didnt stretch to the mitsubishi last time, I upgraded my camera instead. I have a kodak now and the mitsubishi is much better. I will hopefully get one as soon as the wedding season gets going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Not for 64bit they won't.

http://www.messec.net/uploader2/down.php?id=4f64ef24329d9888e1e0c3ea6988c658

OK if this doesn't work I'll give up.

The Mac driver is in the download too.

The whole download is about 6mb

• Advertisement

Doesn't work. Like I said, and like Mitsubishi said, there are no Vista 64 bit drivers available.

Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it.

Advertisement