Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone @ Laughter Lounge in the Roisin last night?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

The main act, some American girl kept singing songs about her growler. Didn't know whether to :D or :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

She was singing about her rabid dog? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Her Alter of Venus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Did she really call it her growler?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This is shocking but isn't growler more of a Brit term?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

Isn't she the lady who plays the rape whistle to the lyrics of "Don't rape me"

Was meant to go to it, how were the rest of the acts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Isn't she the lady who plays the rape whistle to the lyrics of "Don't rape me"

Was meant to go to it, how were the rest of the acts?

Yeah, that's her! She has a rape whistle which she made a rap song about rape - definately a 'different' act. I think her humour is better suited to the USA tbh. My personal favourite stand-up/improv will involve a lot of audience interation and will involve a bit of slagging (without causing too much offence)

Not a great night last night overall but I wasn't complaining at €7.50 admission (Any more and i'd have been a grumpy bunny)

John Donnellan, a Galweigan did an act too. He has done a few act's there before and tbh, 2 years later he's still saying the same jokes. He seems like a really sound lad and good fun, but ffs get some new jokes. In fairness, he did have SOME new ones, but I could almost recite most of his act. So, John Donnellan, if you're reading this - for your own sake, get some new jokes.

John Lynn, the MC was brilliant! Simple yet funny. He was comfortable on stage which was great and interacted loads with the crowd. What I liked is that he didn't go over the top with the interaction and didn't offend anyone too much.

Danny Dowling, he made an effort but just not funny apart from a few jokes about Knacker Dwarf. Infact, the fact that he almost made me wet myself about his jokes about KnackerDwarf makes me like him :) He also absolutily took the p1ss out of Headford (where he claims to live)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JohnCleary wrote: »

Danny Dowling, he made an effort but just not funny apart from a few jokes about Knacker Dwarf. Infact, the fact that he almost made me wet myself about his jokes about KnackerDwarf makes me like him :) He also absolutily took the p1ss out of Headford (where he claims to live)

Is Danny a redhead Kiwi or Aussie? If so, yes he IS from Headford, and I have ONLY heard him make jokes about KD:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I've seen a few other comedians make KD jokes.

What kind of ones does he make?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Do Roisins get many for the Laughter Lounge these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've seen a few other comedians make KD jokes.

What kind of ones does he make?

Short ones.

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Don't be making fun of KD.

Its not big and its not funny

Dya see what I did there.......

Advertisement