Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

News from your Local Camera Club

• 27-08-2009 11:33am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Quite a few people who post here are also involved in Camera Clubs as well. There are often events, talks, exhibition or other activities which occur at these clubs which would be of ineterest to those who post here.

Rather than having individual threads it may be better to have one where they can be discussed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

http://www.droghedaphotographicclub.com/

Sept 3rd Club re-opens. Gallery Night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Next Tuesday at DCC we have our Annual Auction. This is where members can bring in unused gear to sell & others hope to pick up a bargain.

Somehow I have been made the Autioneer for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Celbridge Camera Club is re-starting next Monday, new members welcome! We will be running a beginner's class for the first few weeks for anyone just starting out and looking to get the best out of your shiny new camera ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

CabanSail wrote: »
    Next Tuesday at DCC we have our Annual Auction. This is where members can bring in unused gear to sell & others hope to pick up a bargain.

Hey CabanSail, can anyone come along to this or is it just for club members? I'd like to go, looking for some old MF Nikon primes :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We do allow visitors (so as long as you are not associated with the enemy out at Cellbridge ;) ) you would be welcome. Not sure what will be on sale though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

We do allow visitors (so as long as you are not associated with the enemy out at Cellbridge ;) ) you would be welcome. Not sure what will be on sale though.

sounds interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Dammit, I have been meaning to visit the DCC for awhile now, the perfect night arrives and I will be off in Dingle.
    Between this and People's Photography this weekend I am going to miss a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Could we maybe sticky this if it looks as though it might grow? CabanSail I may well be along Tues night.

Will Sticky it for a while & see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

We are restarting in Malahide this coming Thursday night. We meet in the Grand Hotel in the village.

If anyone is interested, pls drop a line to members@malahidecameraclub.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dee Byrne

Starting up on Wednesday
    September 23rd at 8pm.
    In
    Parish Centre, Palmerstown Village
    All types of photographer are welcome:
    From absolute beginners to advanced

Would you be interested?

Dee: 085-1479802

E-MAIL: palmerstowncameraclub@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

Clondalkin Camera Club returns on 7th September 8pm

http://www.clondalkincameraclub.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

We started back last night in our new venue, the fantastic Rua Red

New members always welcomed and encouraged...

www.tallaghtphotographicsociety.com

Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Limerick Camera Club - our first evening is Wednesday the 16th of September.

More details at www.limerickcameraclub.ie

New members always welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

AGM on Tuesday 8th Sept in the Carraig Hotel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Navan club reopens Monday 14th Sept.

We have Guy Gowan returning to DCC on Tuesday 1st December.

The last time Guy was at the club it was with very short notice & we had the biggest crowd at the club. It was actually a few too many for the room. This time it will probably be limited to Members Only for that meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Stupid question, but what do camera clubs entail of?

Swapping tips and techniques etc?

Sorry am a bit of a n00b

Camera Clubs do many different things & do vary from one to another. They generally all will organise talks to help members to improve their photography. They will also run competitions, both internal & external also with the aim of improving photography. There will often be trips organised.

Some clubs have their own premises & they then have facilities. DCC is one of these and has Darkrooms, Gallery, Library & Studio for use by members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 offshoot

Dave McKane from the Institute of Photography will be giving a workshop on the basics of photography at OffShoot Photography Society on Monday 28th of September at 8pm
    This will be a taster of Dave's beginners course, covering the basics of camera control. Anybody attending should bring their cameras.

OffShoot meet in St Pauls Parish Centre on Silchester Road in Glengeary (60secs walk from Glenageary Dart Station). See http://www.offshoot.ie for directions and more info

OffShoot Photography Society
    The photography society for South Dublin
    Web: http://www.offshoot.ie
    Email: contact@offshoot.ie
    Phone: 087 120 4654
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/offshoot_ps
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/offshoot_society/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=47794319789

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I set up a photo club at work but so far we only have photo competitions and the odd 'tips n tricks' from members. Most people seem slow to contribute, maybe as knowledge isn't very high.
    Can people mention briefly what else you have in your clubs and any recommendtations for me?
    I was thinking of organising a photowalk, exhibition at work.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dee Byrne

Palmerstown Camera Club, beginners / refresher course starts next Wednesday. Mark Sedgewick FIPF EFIAP, President of the IPF will be giving the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Apologies if this is the wrong thread in which to post this... Just wondering if there is a camera club in the Dublin 5 area, and if not, would there be enough interest in setting one up?

I did check the Wikipedia link via the FAQ, but no mention of anything in my area, nor did Google turn up anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Hi Sasquatch76

There is a wonderful club over in Kilbarrack. They go under the name of St Benedicts Camera Club. According to the Northside People one of their members is Pat Carey, while the Clondalkin club mention a man by the name of Liam Haines. I've no contact details for either of these two gents or any other member, but I'm sure the phone books should narrow one of these gents down fairly fast to the locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Cheers Buzz. Given that I used to go to St Benedict's NS, I should be able to find a few details from other locals :D

Thanks muchly!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lite sleepeR

Sutton Camera Club

Just to let you know there is a new camera club for the sutton area we meet in Howth Yacht Club every second Wednesday from 7 pm all are welcome.

Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Does anyone know if there's a club based in Cork? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Hi folks,

I'm currently living close to Drumcondra and in search of a camera club, don't mind travelling to other parts of the city.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Dublin Camera Club - Wexford Street. Meet Tuesdays if memory serves me right. Cabansail will know more if you are interested.

• Advertisement

cool I'll check them out, googled their site............it appears to have been hacked

We have been Hacked again. Small minded little vandals.

DCC meet each Tuesday night at 8pm at 10 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2.

You are welcome to come along as a visitor. Tonight we have Hugh Milsom from the UK giving us a talk.

*The site is back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Went along last night to join DCC and happened across a talk by Hugh Milsom,altho landscapes dont tickle my button he had some brilliant images.

http://www.hughmilsomphotography.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

I was at his Workshop in Drogheda CC. Really enjoyed it. Had the pleasure of bringing him to Mullingar yesterday, lovely man. :)

We have been Hacked again. Small minded little vandals.

DCC meet each Tuesday night at 8pm at 10 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2.

You are welcome to come along as a visitor. Tonight we have Hugh Milsom from the UK giving us a talk.

*The site is back up again

Cheers, couldn't make the last two weeks but all going well should be able to pop along on tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

Hi all. Anyone a member of St Brigids Photo Group? Thinking about joining but was wondering what their meetings consist of. Can't access their site because I'm in work (but for some reason boards.ie is ok?).

If anyone knows of any other photo groups in Blanchardstown let me know.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ciaran187 wrote: »
    Hi all. Anyone a member of St Brigids Photo Group? Thinking about joining but was wondering what their meetings consist of. Can't access their site because I'm in work (but for some reason boards.ie is ok?).

If anyone knows of any other photo groups in Blanchardstown let me know.

Thanks.

Search for boards user AchtungBarry - he's involved so you could PM him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Anyone here involved with the Tallaght Photographic Society. I want to rejoin a camera club but its a pain to get into the city centre for the Dublin Camera Club and these guys are only down the road from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Pippentree is your man, altough have not seen him post for a while.

Tallaght CC now meet in The Rua Red (maybe Red Rua) centre at the terminus of the Luas Red Line in Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Pippentree is your man, altough have not seen him post for a while.

Tallaght CC now meet in The Rua Red (maybe Red Rua) centre at the terminus of the Luas Red Line in Tallaght

I think it's pippatee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

----Athy Photographic Society----

APS 2009 ANNUAL EXHIBITION will take place 6th - 22nd November in an exciting new location THE WET PAINT GALLERY in Emily Square.

This venue will give unequaled access as it will be open for three weekends, and late nights (subject to staffing)!

The OPENING NIGHT - Friday 6th November at 8pm - to launch APS Calendar - IMAGES OF ATHY 2010

Wine and cheese on opening night - consider yourself invited - please come along and bring friends

www.athyphoto.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 offshoot

The National Shield, an national club competition for non-advanced members will be held in Ballyfermot Civic Centre, Dublin on Sunday 15th November
    It is being hosted by SatSun Camera Club.

It will be a good event so see what camera club members are producing

OffShoot Photography Society
    The photography society for South Dublin
    Web: http://www.offshoot.ie
    Email: contact@offshoot.ie
    Phone: 087 120 4654
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/offshoot_ps
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/offshoot_society/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...id=47794319789

gandalf wrote: »
    Anyone here involved with the Tallaght Photographic Society. I want to rejoin a camera club but its a pain to get into the city centre for the Dublin Camera Club and these guys are only down the road from me.

Howdy ... if you're interested in Tallaght Photo Society, we do indeed meet in RuaRed www.ruared.ie as mentioned by Fergus ...

you can just pop in any Tuesday between 7.30 and 9.30pm, just ask for Phil ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Nothing personal, but what about to "unsticky" this thread? The amount of stickies is awful (especially working on laptop).
    If there are any news, the thread will pop up to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

i work on alaptop to but,
    Sorry ThOnda but i would have to disagree with that.
    The whole piont of having Local news as a sticky is to give the smaller clubs that are not BIG news a chance to be seen.

If it was unstickied then not every one would get a chance to spot events that some of the smaller clubs do.

Tuesday 10th November
    (tomorrow night)

At DCC we have John McDonald who will be talking about the Nikon System. John was employed by Nikon until recently as a Technical Expert and can advise you how to get the best out of your Nikon Gear. If you shoot Nikon or are interested in doing so, then this will be a good night to attend.

This is the third in this series of talks. We have had Canon & Sony previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

I am giving a talk on my Landscape photography in Mid Louth Camera Club (O Connors pub) tonight in Dunleer. Kick of 20.30.
    If you are around pop in.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the work and winners of the above Salon will be exhibited from Monday in the Library in Tallaght ...

drop in and say hello on Tuesday evening if you like ...

Philip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

offshoot camera club just won the IPF national shield competition

this is a big deal, its nearly always won buy one of the 4 or 5 main big clubs

Well done. Congratulations to Offshoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

stcstc wrote: »
    offshoot camera club just won the IPF national shield competition

this is a big deal, its nearly always won buy one of the 4 or 5 main big clubs

I was there today, well done to Offshoot. I have to say it was an enjoyable day well organised and a good turnout, and always nice to meet a few boardsies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement