Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

block garden shed 12x20ft

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a rough guide on how much I will need to budget for a garden shed.

Ideally I want to build it approx 12x20ft (or even 12x22ft) so that I could park a car in it in the future, but for the moment I want to use it for storage and possibly as a "den"/hobby room.

I'll put a pitched roof on it and will use tiles or slates, and wanted to get an idea of cost if I was to use either 8x4 blocks with insulation, or alternatively use 9 inch cavity blocks as a cheaper option if I dispense with the "den" idea.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did you ever get prices on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A shed like that will probably cost €16,000 plastered outside, fairfaced inside, exposed collars, wall insulated.

It will be about €300 and the cost of the wall insulation less if 225mm cavity blockwork is used instead of an insulated double leaf cavity.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

A shed like that will probably cost €16,000 plastered outside, fairfaced inside, exposed collars, wall insulated.

It will be about €300 and the cost of the wall insulation less if 225mm cavity blockwork is used instead of an insulated double leaf cavity.

Is that a builders price do you think or is that from experience?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

yop wrote: »
    Did you ever get prices on this?

I got a very rough estimate of approx Eur5k to build it from a builder I know.. but that was for a basic finish with all internal work to be completed afterwards including internal plastering.

Have spoken to another builder on Wednesday last and am waiting for a finished quote from him which I expect to have tomorrow.

Will post back then and let you know.

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    I got a very rough estimate of approx Eur5k to build it from a builder I know.. but that was for a basic finish with all internal work to be completed afterwards including internal plastering.

Have spoken to another builder on Wednesday last and am waiting for a finished quote from him which I expect to have tomorrow.

Will post back then and let you know.

Thanks very much. I will be doing the blocks and plastering myself. I wont chance the electrical side of things, might get the spark to wire up a fuse box and I can take sockets/lights off that.

Wonder would you get a roof on for 2k? If you got a chippy on day work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 notsosure.com

Just wondering, did you build this shed in the end and how much did it cost. I want to build a shed almost the same size as this and with same finish. Not sure yet tho which kind of block to use. Will depend on difference in cost in the end. Aiming to build a shed before this year is out. Need to know approx cost. Reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just wondering, did you build this shed in the end and how much did it cost. I want to build a shed almost the same size as this and with same finish. Not sure yet tho which kind of block to use. Will depend on difference in cost in the end. Aiming to build a shed before this year is out. Need to know approx cost. Reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mil
    The thread is coming close on 4 years old and prices have changed an awful lot since then. Please dont drag up old threads. If you wish you may start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement