Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two issues with VGA

• 27-08-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm honestly not sure where this belongs, feel free to move.

I've got 2 separate but related issues that I feel certain are easily solved with a cable or some sort of switcher, but I'm not even sure what to google for.

1. I have a TV with one normal PC input (VGA?). I've got my Xbox360 using it at the moment as that was the easiest way to give me a pretty good picture (the HDMI is already in use). Now I've got a PC that I want to hook up to this TV aswell. Is it possible to get something like a SCART switch box which will take both VGA in and output one that can be plugged into the TV?

2. I have a (different) PC without a fancy dual monitor graphics card (and I'm not even sure it could take one). However I do have a spare monitor and was considering seeing if I could hook it up so that I could put up a resolution of say 2560x1024 (ie twice as wide as normal) and have it split off onto two monitors? That seems reasonable to me, but like I said I have no idea what to google for. Perhaps a dual monitor gfx would be cheaper/better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What about a SCART > VGA cable and then a standard SCART switchbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Okay, I tell a lie, it's not a PC. It's a Dreamcast console that has a VGA box attached, so I could attach as normal through SCART but I get a better picture the VGA box so converting back to SCART makes no sense in this case.

Advertisement