Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Server Settings for Voadafone Home Broadband

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Have recently signed up with Vodafone Home Broadband from having eircom dial-up ..... Broadband is great, no problems with the internet, but am having problems sending mail via outlook to my old eicom email address that I've been using for years.

I suspect that the problem is with the outgoing SMTP mail server settings which is set to mail.eircom.net, and since I'm no longer using Eircom as an ISP it is being blocked.

Does anyone know what the Vodafone outgoping SMTP server settings should be? I couldn't find it from the Vodafone website but searching around the web I've found the following suggestions;

smtp.vodafone.net
    send.vodafone.net
    mail.vodafone.ie

Does anyone know the correct settings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Afaik eircom's outgoing smtp server will only work on an eircom connection,

You might want to bare in mind that a vodefone SMTP server may not allow may to be sent from a non vodafone e-mail address such as eircom.net.

Perhaps try calling vodafone to confirm settings with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Cabaal wrote: »
    Afaik eircom's outgoing smtp server will only work on an eircom connection,

You might want to bare in mind that a vodefone SMTP server may not allow may to be sent from a non vodafone e-mail address such as eircom.net.

Perhaps try calling vodafone to confirm settings with them?

Thanks,

I guessed this to be the case but was trying to avoid dealing Customer Support in Vodafone, hence the plea to "real" experts here on the boards, will have to call them if all else fails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

IRCA wrote: »
    I suspect that the problem is with the outgoing SMTP mail server settings which is set to mail.eircom.net, and since I'm no longer using Eircom as an ISP it is being blocked.

That is exactly the problem. eircom block their smtp server to all by eircom IPs, to stop spammers using it. Vodafone's website is crap, to say the least, and has no information on server settings, so you might be best emailing or calling them to get the right settings. Failing that, try each of the ones you have there, and see if one works.

It's only the outgoing server you need to change too. The incoming, pop3, should stay the same, and you'll still be able to receive email from your eircom account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woodsp

Good morning,

If you send me on your details to paul.woods@vodafone.com I'll get the team here to give you call. Please include your mobile number so we can contact you directly.

Best regards,

Paul

General Manager, Total Communications
    Vodafone

Advertisement