Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Six

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

I wrote this band off years ago when they first came out, but I'm really getting into them now strangely enough. I like the way they mix in different genres while writing songs about absolutely nothing and keeping it fairly hard rock at the same time. Their in your face attitude and absurdity are amusing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

random bump

Yeah I love Electric Six. Just bought tickets to see them in December. Was at their last gig in the academy, loved it. Surprised they've fallen into almost complete anonymity, would have thought they're different and good enough to have carved out some sort of niche for themselves. Switzerland was a fairly ropey album though, I Shall Exterminate Everything wasn't great either (first two songs are genius though). Fire, Flashy and Senor Smoke in particular are all very enjoyable albums. Their new album 'Kill' is out in a couple of weeks, hoping it'll be another decent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah i was at the last gig they had here in the academy and i thought it was pretty good,is a bit weird how theyve become so unpopular as of late,wish i was going to see them again in dec

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

You can't ignore my techno!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've got three of their albums on the iPod, and I quite like them. They're silly, but catchy. Gay Bar also gets the thumbs up for being one of the funniest videos I've seen in a while, the MTV version is funny, but the one they did with George Bush & Tony Blair was even funnier :

MTV Version

Banned Version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I really like this band. They seem to be seen as a one hit novelty wonder. I didn't even like "danger danger" too much but fire is a great album. Synthesizer is one of my all time favourite songs. I've seen them live 3 times twice they were great but one of the gigs was crap because the sound was terrible.
    They are a humorous band but they know how to rock :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Well their new album 'Kill' is out! Its brilliant, quite different too :D

Cant wait to see them (again) in December!!

Advertisement