Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 increase 3pay Data Charges

• 27-08-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

http://three.ie/customernotification/index.htm3Pay Customers Notification - July 31st, 2009

Mobile data charges will increase from 49c per MB to 99c per MB effective from 1st September 2009. This rate change is also applicable to data usage while roaming on 3 Like Home networks. Planet 3 is still free to browse. Mobile data rates relate to third party web sites such as Breaking News, RTE or YouTube. (Please note: excludes Data Add-ons).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

(Please note: excludes Data Add-ons).
    Very glad they haven't taken a step back on the add on - it's keeping half of this forum going
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Ah its the good old "start off cheap and put on the squeeze once you have a few customers" business model again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I really wish prices were going the other way. Maybe this is 3 trying to limit the saturation on their network a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Random wrote: »
    I really wish prices were going the other way. Maybe this is 3 trying to limit the saturation on their network a bit?

it won't make much of a difference because all the people doing the saturating have bundles

I was on the Isle of Man last week and got a SIM for the few days. the going rate, without bundle on prepaid is 1p per MB, only edge but the speeds were good. it just shows how badly we are getting ripped off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Random wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's that they're trying to tie more people into paying up a fixed amount every month, upping 3's guaranteed monthly revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Kensington wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's that they're trying to tie more people into paying up a fixed amount every month, upping 3's guaranteed monthly revenue.

I agree. I would browse mobile internet quite a bit on 3 and realised that I was only spending €5-7 on out of bundle rates so stopped buying the add-on. Not saying that I caused this hike in prices but I reckon a lot of people copped that the 1GB was too much for casual browsing and the €10 was not needed.

That said, three have recently upped the price of a lot of their prepay offers: 3c up to 5c texts, min call charge up to 9c, no more free voicemail, and now this.

Advertisement