Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Info Letter

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I just received a letter from DIT with several info sheets and some registration sheets. But since I'am not Irish I have a couple of questions.

There was a Giro Invoice enclosed, can I just go to my bank and pay Registration fees and they'll fill it out. Or do I have to do anything else?

There is a Medical Report Form as well. Is it possible to arrange a visit with any docotor and he will fill it in even if I was not under treatment with him before this? And how much will this approximately cost?

Thanks so much for the information:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

For the giro - bring the giro & the money to your bank and they'll sort it out.

I don't know anything about the medical forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

ye you shouldnt need to pay the fee if you get a good grant though..the medical form..ye i got one aswell..all it says is that i need a doctors signature..i really dont fancy payin him 50 quid just to tell me im not allergic to anything because i already know this..anyone think it would be possable to just sign it myself?i presume its just for insurance purposes on the college side so i doubt there gona check it up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wardides wrote: »
    i presume its just for insurance purposes on the college side so i doubt there gona check it up!?

That and the H1N1 virus (swine flu). With college starting back anyone infected could potentially infect the entire student body. Though anyone past 1st year should be immune to most things (flu's, viral infection, aids) thanks to the "get used to it" appeal of the canteen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

That and the H1N1 virus (swine flu). With college starting back anyone infected could potentially infect the entire student body. Though anyone past 1st year should be immune to most things (flu's, viral infection, aids) thanks to the "get used to it" appeal of the canteen :p

whoa whoa whoa..canteen not good?!lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

I have yet to get my info letter. That a bad sign, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

ye same i havnt got the info letter either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dontuknowme

spraticus wrote: »
    I have yet to get my info letter. That a bad sign, is it?

No I don't think so... Mine is Dated 1 September i guess I already got it because i'm not a Irish student. I think you will get yours by the beginning of next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭eveie

hey im going into 4th year, have a repeat so havent recieved any info letter yet.
    does every student in the college have to go to a doc to get a signature to say they are medically ok?

damnit im getting seriously stressed. i havent recieved mine yet and my friends have :(.... have they forgotten about lil old me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Havn't recieved mine either,not to worried. Sure orientering starts around the 14th of september or so, there is plently of time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

babarrosa wrote: »
    damnit im getting seriously stressed. i havent recieved mine yet and my friends have :(.... have they forgotten about lil old me....
    Theres nothing in the letter that absolutely has to be sorted before you start, if you still haven't received it by induction just go up to accounts on your first day.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Theres nothing in the letter that absolutely has to be sorted before you start, if you still haven't received it by induction just go up to accounts on your first day.
    :D thanx ill do that :)...i feel significantly less stressed lol

Advertisement