Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy / antenatal education DVD

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Heard about a new DVD launched by an Irish company on Pregnancy / antenatal education. Spoke to them and the emailed me some info. looking to bum a free copy off them.....:) due to the r word but will try anything that will help! Like a sponge for info at the moment.

http://www.pregnancydvd.ie

and will keep you posted on how I get on with the DVD if I get one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 csad58c

They sent me out a free copy Yipee!! also found out that they have samples on youtube. Going to sit down with cup of tea this afternoon and watch it. Not very good at reviewing stuff but will try to post some comments over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Let us know what it's like - it looks quite expensive (if you have to get each DVD separately)

There's a great DVD called Birthwise and covers a full antenatal class (it's a UK dvd) and it's about 20 Euro

Tracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 csad58c

DVD is well over 4 hours long so still trying to get my head around all of the info. had difficulty logging onto the online section and spoke to a Killian in their office who was very helpful. Now online and am going through this part which seems quite extensive.

I think the price is around €25 which is not too bad for over 4 hours of video and an online section. its good to haer the irish accents.

Loved the section on birthing options and fetal monitoring. I copied and pasted the rest of the info from the site (hope i do not get into trouble!!) Will keep you posted but Killian said that he was willing to give out some complimentary copies if people would like to review them ( i think it would have to be better than me!!!)

1.0 I'm pregnant!
    1.1 Discovering your pregnant
    1.2 Birthing Options

2.0 During you're pregnancy
    2.1 General well being
    2.2 Normal symptoms of pregnancy
    2.3 Antenatal Examinations
    2.4 Screening during pregnancy
    2.5 Difficult pregnancies
    2.6 Differences with Second Pregnancies
    2.7 Foetal assessment
    3.0 Looking after you
    3.1 Maternity benefits and information
    3.2 Exercise plans
    3.3 Sport and Activity during pregnancy
    3.4 Healthy eating
    3.5 Complimentary Therapies
    3.6 Looking well during pregnancy
    3.7 Self image during pregnancy
    3.8 Your love life during pregnancy
    3.9 Travel during pregnancy
    4.0 Your baby's development
    4.1 Stages of development
    4.2 Scans and Images
    4.3 Multiple births

5.0 Preparing for Birth
    5.1 Your birth plan
    5.2 Signs of labour
    5.3 When to call mid wife
    5.4 The labour suite
    5.5 Packing your bag for hospital
    6.0 Baby's Birth

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Hi Csad - I must get a copy of it - I'm sure it'll be helpful for mums that might not be able to get to classes.

What kind of things does it cover on monitoring and birthing options?

Tracy

Advertisement