Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Forgive the stupid question but I'm a Dub! What would be the best way of getting to oranmore (specifically the Marine Institute) from Dublin using Public Transport. Train to Galway and then a bus of some sort I imagine? i have tried looking at maps etc. but not finding anything concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

City Link does Dublin to Galway and stops in Oranmore. It's the last stop before Galway...

Edit: Actually I don't know if stops in Oranmore coming from Dublin, I know Oranmore is the second last stop from Limerick.
    Yeah you could get a train and I think they do shuttle buses out to Oranmore...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi guys

Forgive the stupid question but I'm a Dub! What would be the best way of getting to oranmore (specifically the Marine Institute) from Dublin using Public Transport. Train to Galway and then a bus of some sort I imagine? i have tried looking at maps etc. but not finding anything concrete.

You have two options,

Train to Galway, Route 418 back to Oranmore.

Dublin-Galway bus (CityLink or Bus Éireann but NOT GoBus) and get off in Oranmore.

You could also fly, Aer Arran have a sale just now, and the airport is near oranmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks guys - extremely helpful (both replies). Much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Veire

mars bar wrote: »
    City Link does Dublin to Galway and stops in Oranmore. It's the last stop before Galway...

Edit: Actually I don't know if stops in Oranmore coming from Dublin, I know Oranmore is the second last stop from Limerick.
    Yeah you could get a train and I think they do shuttle buses out to Oranmore...

Citylink does stop there on the way back I'm pretty sure. You can always mention it to the bus driver just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Bus is best, with the new roads it doesn't take that long and the road to Galway from Dublin goes through Oranmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

But you will have to get a taxi to the marine institute as it is a few miles out the Maree road and beside Galway Bay Golf and Country Club. ****e road.

Thanks guys - lots more useful info. Bus and taxi it is, unless I bring the hiking boots* I guess :)

*I'll leave the jimmy choos at home in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're coming for a job interview, then good luck .. and you might find this site useful at a later date:

www.GalwayTransport.info

The Industrial Estates etc map does show the MI, since it's a big employer. 'Twould be quite a hike from the village.

I have been told that there is a bus for workers between the MI and Oranmore Village, but suspect that it's for workers only and at very limited times. No idea who runs it, though, and whether it's open to non-employees.

That looks a great site - thanks JustMary :)

The galway Boardies are all so helpful!

Advertisement