Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Chester 14:45
    Nemo Spirit

Dascombe won the first race with Julius Geezer and his horses are flying since the start of the year. Hopefully enough rain fell for Nemo Spirit but is a very consistent runner when geting his ground.

.5pt EW @ 14/1

WTF!

Why Nemo Spirit wasn't pushed up front is beyond me. Bloody ridiculous.

EDIT:
    Ground was totally against him in hindsight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭markhiggins

my bet for the day is almiqdaad in the 1 45 in chester, good second last time out and with richard hills back on board i rekon it should go well. took 2.6 on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Double for the day is each way
    Kings masque at 7pm in ffos las 5/1
    Night knight at 8'25 in Whetherby 15/2

Single of the day is, each way
    Sebastiano in the 3'45 at chester 9/1

Yankee of the day each way
    Storm surge in the 7'20 at whetherby 3/1
    Rule of nature in the 4'30 at chester 15/8
    Ajzal in the 7'10 at wincanton 3/1
    Cwmni in the 8'35 at ffos las 3/1

my bet for the day is almiqdaad in the 1 45 in chester, good second last time out and with richard hills back on board i rekon it should go well. took 2.6 on betfair.

donkey

sry, never posted but pretty proud of this being the complete outsider...:D

112954.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Kingdom Of Munster 55 win betfair 10 to place , looks to big, last 2 races were too short, and should appreciate the cut in the ground and the extra furlong. May really need further in time but looks overpriced..

not a heritage handicap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

aidankkk wrote: »
    Kingdom Of Munster 55 win betfair 10 to place , looks to big, last 2 races were too short, and should appreciate the cut in the ground and the extra furlong. May really need further in time but looks overpriced..

not a heritage handicap..

what race is it ? cant find the horse on atr.

awhir wrote: »
    what race is it ? cant find the horse on atr.

lucky you, lost already...:)

Chester 5.05

Norwegian Dancer @ 10/1 ew

2/4 at the track, seems to show his best at chester. respecable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

2.15 Chester - Tamaathul 2pt win

Good reappearence so seems to have trained on, and more improvement surely to come, i reckon at level weights he has a bit in hand on a most of his rivals here.

Chester 3.15

Falasteen

Ground has turned to GS and was confirmed by times yesterday. The biggest threat to Falasteen, Duchess Dora, has neveer run on the ground and sire is notably better on firmer surface. Falasteen has won on Sft and GS. Looks an easy decision now Falasteen has drifted from 9/4 to 5/2.

1 Million points win :eek:

Also, a horse I pegged, Quito des Poyans is runnnig a t Aintree tonight but 4/6 is too short. If you fancy a "get out stakes", this might be the one for you.

Singles each way
    Academy blues in the 1'45 at chester 10/1
    Ouste in the 8'40 at Aintree 12/1

Yankee each way
    War and peace in the 4'05 at Lingfield 4/1
    Fathsta in the 4'30 at Chester 9/2
    Hindu kush in the 5'05 at Chester 13/2
    Miss daawe in the 5'15 at Nott 11/4

Patent each way
    Misaro in the 3'45 at Lingfield 9/2
    Il portico in the 7'20 at Hamilton 5/2
    Zaplamation in the 7'50 at Hamilton 3/1

Woddle wrote: »
    Singles each way
    Academy blues in the 1'45 at chester 10/1

Beaten by a head, thought I had it when I saw it trading at 1.3ish

Liking the look of Civil Servant at 25/1 EW aintree 7:05, looks to be a good ground horse, and has it here for the first time in a while.. Also Ouste at 25w 5.2 pl on betfair for the 8:40, is way lower over hurdles and has his ground here, richard johnston up, lot of positives..

EW Double as well..

2.15 Chester - Tamaathul 2pt win

Good reappearence so seems to have trained on, and more improvement surely to come, i reckon at level weights he has a bit in hand on a most of his rivals here.

Will have his day soon....No chance once he hung right coming around the last bend.

York 1:40

Changing the Guard ew @ 14/1
    Peter Tchaikovsky ew @ 50/1

CTG won last time here at York with Tylicki on board, fast going and same distance. Won on seasonal/career debut also. Price is attractive.

May have lost it completely with second selection. Only respectable race, apart from his maiden, came on GF ground and Dansilis need fast ground. Little or no rain will leave conditions to suit for biggest career run (ha). 50/1 will do.

YORK 3 45 1m4f handicap.

Mannlichen 1pt e/w 16/1

Back to his optimum trip, nicely weighted, stable starting to creep into form, should race prominently (and hopefully stay there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

King Roonah 6:50 Perth 5/1 2pt win

Start Right 4:55 York 8/1 1pt e/w

Shinnecock Bay 2:20 Exeter 5/2 2pt win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Nulty wrote: »
    York 1:40

Changing the Guard ew @ 14/1
    Peter Tchaikovsky ew @ 50/1

CTG won last time here at York with Tylicki on board, fast going and same distance. Won on seasonal/career debut also. Price is attractive.

May have lost it completely with second selection. Only respectable race, apart from his maiden, came on GF ground and Dansilis need fast ground. Little or no rain will leave conditions to suit for biggest career run (ha). 50/1 will do.

not even placed.

or were they nr?

aflib wrote: »
    not even placed.

or were they nr?

Changing the Guard 6th
    PT 2nd last

no, horrible picking :o

maybe Peter Tchaikovsky is still running. I think I saw him getting lapped in the Musidora

he should be dropped 6lbs, hes not runninng anywhere near his mark.

I've taken New Christmas @ 14 in the last. Worry about the extra furlong but been running well and won at 9f. Sire has never had a winner over 9f but Meehan prol knows what hes doing

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

backed the hotpot treble in pp today

Batonnier
    Smuglin
    Beidh Tine Anseo

8/1

Waiting on beidh tine anseo, any of ye fancy him to win? i knw hes heavy favorite but a few of them let me down today already :rolleyes:

SD1990 wrote: »
    backed the hotpot treble in pp today

Batonnier
    Smuglin
    Beidh Tine Anseo

8/1

Waiting on beidh tine anseo, any of ye fancy him to win? i knw hes heavy favorite but a few of them let me down today already :rolleyes:

tbh, I havent examined the form but Lucinda Russell said she'd be disappointed if it didn't win. Plenty of support, looking good so far :)

heres hoping anway :) rarely back horses so a win would be nice :)

Wins in style :) great run :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done SD.

7:25 Newmarket - Cygnet - 2pts

Despite the disaster she was last time I'm willing to forgive her and have one more shot. She should have a good chance here if learning from last time. Guillambert on board tomorrow and hopefully he'll be able to get her around to win. Should come on from that last run after having problems and being turned out only 16 days later should hopefully be a good sign. Hopefully she doesn't blow up again.

I've also picked my Nap and NB which are in my log in the challenges section for anyone interested. My last 3 Naps have won so be expecting a loser tomorrow! But hopefully it'll place at least. Best of luck to anyone who backs it but be warned this horse Cygnet could fly in or get trounced again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

x PyRo wrote: »
    7:25 Newmarket - Cygnet - 2pts

Despite the disaster she was last time I'm willing to forgive her and have one more shot. She should have a good chance here if learning from last time. Guillambert on board tomorrow and hopefully he'll be able to get her around to win. Should come on from that last run after having problems and being turned out only 16 days later should hopefully be a good sign. Hopefully she doesn't blow up again.

I've also picked my Nap and NB which are in my log in the challenges section for anyone interested. My last 3 Naps have won so be expecting a loser tomorrow! But hopefully it'll place at least. Best of luck to anyone who backs it but be warned this horse Cygnet could fly in or get trounced again.

you're a brave man going in again on that one....
    good luck though

mailburner wrote: »
    you're a brave man going in again on that one....
    good luck though

Trying to recoup my losses. :pac:

Ah no, I doubt Cumani would turn her out again so quick if she isn't ready for it. She's got the talent, just don't know what happened last time.

This will be my last bet on her if she loses that's for sure. Cheers for the good luck.

anyone fancy chabal today at york 240?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

1 Sariska @ 10/11 (2.10 York)
    2 Workforce @ 5/2 (2.40 York)
    3 Cygnet @ 4/1 (7.25 Newmarket)

Small stake trixie & singles.

Cygnet drifting from 4/1 to 10/1. Today won't be the day.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cygnet drifting from 4/1 to 10/1. Today won't be the day.

Jesus, thats huge
    im tempted now myself for god sake
    tho it probably does speak volumes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Jesus, thats huge
    I've had a nibble on BF...

Jesus, thats huge

It's crazy, Doubt they fancy it at all now.

I'm done with her now! It has been a bad relationship. :pac:

seen it too late
    was gonna do a little ew

i dont have racing uk
    how did she run?

seen it too late
    was gonna do a little ew

i dont have racing uk
    how did she run?

Similar to last time, Brutally. She looked so good last year, Terrible now. Pitty i didn't go with Cumani/JP-G in the previous race like i usually do. 50/1 winner on Betfair. :(

Here's a video of Cygnet, She's still running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'm going to take a chance on Wellforth 20/1 7.15 Cork.
    Up against a fairly good Hourigan horse who has won twice on the trot recently, but if Wellforth acts on the ground and regains past form then it's in with a chance at a big price.

• Advertisement

I'm going to take a chance on Wellforth 20/1 7.15 Cork.
    Up against a fairly good Hourigan horse who has won twice on the trot recently, but if Wellforth acts on the ground and regains past form then it's in with a chance at a big price.

At least you can say he finished the race :p

Welcome to boards.

Newbury:

1.25 Moose Moran (Winner 5/1)
    2.00 Centennial 14/1
    2.30 Ingleby Spirit 16/1
    3.05 Ouqba ew 14/1 (Conditions are perfect for Paco Boy, ought to win) (Place 16/1)
    3.40 Macdillon ew 18/1 (back on firm turf after 2l behind Blue Jack, now rated 100s)

Newmarket:
    1.45 Methaaly
    2.15 Vainglory 12/1 (Winner 10/1)
    2.45 Into Wain 5/2 (beat Chink of Light - 3rd in Chester Vase, well related)
    3.25 Chiberta King 7/2 (recent form franked in Listed race yesterday) (Winner 11/4)
    4.35 Afsare (I saw his maiden, looked likely to score next time + experience against the field) (Winner 4/11)
    5.10 Arabian Pearl (has form on turf and given every chance by handicapper)

Best of these: Chiberta King, Methaaly, Centenial, Vainglory

I woke up late and didn't get bets on for Moose Moran (5/1 W), Vainglory (12/1 W), Ouqba (14/1 P). Got bets on Ingleby Spirit (L), Into Wain (L):rolleyes:

I need Chiberta and Macdillon to right the wrongs of the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

3.05 Newbury

The Cheka 14/1 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

http://pricewiseextra.info/tom-segals-tips/

You can still get free access to the racingpost online today and all the Pricewise Extra TIPS. Just follow the link.

didnt really know where to post this but i suppose it is my fancy for today!

wicklow to beat carlow in the football and kerry to beat west meath in the hurling today. have them in a teble with one leg up already so it works out at 120euro on the double for today! it pays 280 so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Paco Boy NAP

3:05 Newbury

Odds are short (8/11) but I genuinely can't see this horse been beaten, if he gets 3/4 the run he did last time by Richie Hughes he will walk it, has a frightening turn of pace and 1m suits perfectly.

I never NAP a horse but this fella is a class act

Thank **** for Chiberta King!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First post in here, don't do much flat race betting but really like the look of Catherines Call in the 4.15 @ Newbury 16/1.

Arabian Pearl got not run and prefers it out front or at least on the pace. Will be wtching for him on fast turf next time, even more if he comes down in the weights again

Also, anyone watching Methaaly earlier will have seen the jockey learning a lot about race riding....wont be backing anything with Joseph Young on board 'til he learns how to use a horse....one for next time, or the time after.

• Advertisement

Ripon

3.10 Kerrys Requiem 12/1 (not confident but runs well at the track - carrying a lot of weight though)
    4.10 French Applause 6/1
    5.10 Piste ew 40/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement