Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Interested to see how Waikato fairs over 10f in the Singapore Airlines International Cup. Been running well in 6f at group 1 company, also on yielding ground, and hes bred to make this distance and made 8f last time. At 50/1 hes probably got no chance.

Also Lahaleeb will like the ground

Edit:

Waikato 4th
    Lahaleeb 7th

Wolverhapton ew Double

3.40 Dimaire 6/1
    4.10 Kheyley 11/2

Brighton 3.20

Dancers Legacy 22/1

A small ew here. Same prep as last year where it won over a mile on second start. Has fallen all of 20lbs since then and is handicapped to win. Ted Durcan is on board as he was for the win last year. If hes not out in front after 3f, he wont win.

Its a pity, I would have gone with Lady Florence here and Pocketful of Rye in the 2.00 at Nott. Timeform found them also so price isn't what it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Dunno where to post this so said id fire it in here, anyone see this gamble on midget in the 3pm at nottingham 20/1 into 7/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Has anyone had a look at adrian masseys picks??? out of the first nine he has had 8 come in 4 winners and 4 seconds:eek::eek::eek:.. i only heard of him yesterday and he hit half of his picks yesterday.. its up to 13 runners now and results so far are 6 1st, 4 2nd, 1 4th, 1 5th and an 8th not feckin bad at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

matt1958 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a look at adrian masseys picks??? out of the first nine he has had 8 come in 4 winners and 4 seconds:eek::eek::eek:.. i only heard of him yesterday and he hit half of his picks yesterday.. its up to 13 runners now and results so far are 6 1st, 4 2nd, 1 4th, 1 5th and an 8th not feckin bad at all..

I reckon its a freak run of results and won't be sustained. What prices were they?

two of the biggest were 16/1 and 17/2 going right down too 2/1 these are all SP.. yesterday i got it wrong it wasn't half he hit 8 out of 18.. thats some freaky results alrite pity i wasn't on any of them lol trying to learn about horses at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

link please:eek:

Adrian Massey - Out of 17 picks it reads... 6 winners 7 placed.. :eek::eek::eek: i'll be keeping an eye on this guy for awhile see how he goes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Lots of dead 8s at Worcester this evening so value may well be available each way.
    I've gone for a small lucky 15 ew for interest on Tony McCoy's rides. Great strike rate at the track and one of the few where he shows a level stakes profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Have chanced a small ew patent on Sligo tonight,
    640 - McSwynes Bay 11/2
    740 - Go On Ya Boyo - 8/1
    840 - thegirlfromgalway - 9/1...

No midweek football of note these days, so something to keep me interested !

Just an update for Adrian Massey picks.. Out 19 it reads.. 1 non-runner, 2 firsts their odds were 7/4 & 5/1.. 5 came in 2nd odds ranged from 5/2 too 11/10.. 4 came in third odds 20/1 two 16/1s and a 8/1.. three came just outside the placings.. All odds were SP..

Just an update for Adrian Massey picks.. Out 19 it reads.. 1 non-runner, 2 firsts their odds were 7/4 & 5/1.. 5 came in 2nd odds ranged from 5/2 too 11/10.. 4 came in third odds 20/1 two 16/1s and a 8/1.. three came just outside the placings.. All odds were SP..

He made a loss then?

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    He made a loss then?

is that because of the short prices on the seconds?? Your comment it got me thinking maybe if his picks were split into groups and then doing doubles on them.. ie favs, medium odds, then long odds?? for the favourites just bet for them to win and e/w with medium and longer odds??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Webbow 3.25 Haydock 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Steinbeck - Irish 2000 Guineas, Curragh 3 45pm, 3/1 generally available.
    Couple of speedballs in the race that should make the running so hopefully JP doesn't have to take too much of a pull, Steinbeck has high natural cruising speed and should power on when popped the question in the last furlong or so. 4pt win for me. Fingers crossed.

is that because of the short prices on the seconds?? Your comment it got me thinking maybe if his picks were split into groups and then doing doubles on them.. ie favs, medium odds, then long odds?? for the favourites just bet for them to win and e/w with medium and longer odds??
    IMO There's only one tipster worth following and that is Tom Segal.

http://tipsterform.com/tom-segal-pricewise/

He's having a bit of a nightmare on Pricewise extra at that minute but that will change.
    http://tipsterform.com/tom-segal-pricewise-extra/

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread has died a death over the last while so I'll put one up.

7:50 Kempton - Ultimate Quest - 3pts @ 13/8 (Bet365)

C&D winner, Ran well last time out but top weight took it's toll. Upped from class 6 to class 5 and as a result will only be carrying 8st 12lbs which is nearly a stone less than last time, Racing against better horses but over 2 miles I certainly don't want to be on anything carrying more than 9 and a half at the most. Can't really see what will beat it, Some awfully exposed horses here and I fancy Ultimate Quest to have more in the locker still, Came back after a two year lay off and form since then reads 3-2-1-3, The last two being over C&D. Blinkers now attached and may spark even more improvement. Lightly raced for a 5 year old with only 12 career starts and has plenty of room for more improvement, Looks a typical Prescott improver and Sanders takes the ride as he has on the last three occasions, He'll know exactly how to get the best out of this fellow and hopefully gain a second career win. He's the only one Prescott sends here this evening and his horses usually go well around here, He has a 14% strike rate with all his horses here although he doesn't visit often, He has a 29% strike rate with his over 4 year old horses which is impressive. (9 from 31) Drawn soundly and clearly enjoys the track, Has a great chance of winning this and I feel 13/8 is value for his chances, The main danger is Sheila's Castle, Who shaped last twice as if it needed further but its AW form is poor, Bar a maiden win so I think I'll avoid that one. Medium sized bet on the Prescott horse who has fairly solid claims in my opinion.

Didn't see the race but no good. Shelia's Castle was 2nd @ 12's.

• Advertisement

Didn't see it either but you often find that when a horse has that too good to be true look and ticks all the boxes. Its the nature of the game I suppose.

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Didn't see it either but you often find that when a horse has that too good to be true look and ticks all the boxes. Its the nature of the game I suppose.

If only it was so easy. Hit 2/5 IR, Shelia hit 1/50 IR. Thinking of avoiding anything under a certain price in class 5 and 6 contests, Favorites are too easily turned over. Something always comes out of the woodwork.

x PyRo wrote: »
    If only it was so easy. Hit 2/5 IR, Shelia hit 1/50 IR. Thinking of avoiding anything under a certain price in class 5 and 6 contests, Favorites are too easily turned over. Something always comes out of the woodwork.

I agree with you on Class 5 and 6. These low level types seldom reproduce their form. You do get trainers such as Prescott and Dandy Nichols who can get some horses to produce good sequences but generally they are probably best avoided.

Just a quickie last bet before I head out on the town!

19.50 Salisbury - Rock N Roll Ransom @ 7/4

Impressive on debut. Should come on for that, Looks a decent price considering his chances.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Just a quickie last bet before I head out on the town!

19.50 Salisbury - Rock N Roll Ransom @ 7/4

Impressive on debut. Should come on for that, Looks a decent price considering his chances.

Weehoo! :pac: Battled well to win.

did a small yankee

Wolves
    6.50 City Stable
    9.20 Yankee Storm

Windsor
    6.10 Triple Dream
    7.40 Andour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hanagan has some book of rides today

11 mounts and 8 of these are in the top 2 in the betting
    i picked out Cono Zur @ 8/11
    Tillietudlem @ 2/1
    Bold Bidder @ 4/7
    as my bankers
    and
    these for an evening lucky 15

1 Sensei @ 10/3
    2 Oondiri @ 9/4
    3 Knock Three Times @ 7/2
    4 Zabeel Tower @ 13/8

he'll surely win at least 3/4 races if not more today i thing
    heres hoping

Red Somerset looks interesting in the 8.20 at Kempton.

Second over CD last time and the winner was well fancied yesterday before being withdrawn. And the third ran well in second next time too. Runs off the same weight with the same jock up.

took 8/1

€1 Yankee

Newbury 1.45
    Amwell Pinot 2/1

Lingfield 6.20
    Miss Dutee 11/2

Ripon 4.00
    Vulcanite 2/1

Ripon 5.10
    Whitby 7/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

14:00 Market Rasen

Australia Day 6/1 at the mo

Just took him each way

Got a good bit on him so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Just took him each way

I hope someone else got on this:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I hope someone else got on this:):):)

Nice call. Just put a few euro on him which gives me something to play with for the day.

Cheers

Just took him each way

Well done, followed the horse before but wasn't on this time. Did it very easily

Newbury 3.55

Steele Tango

Around 20s and 25s now. Loves cut in the ground of which there is plenty today. Seems overpriced in that respect. Going eachway.

4th a neck out of the money.

Yarmouth 3.45
    Hellenio
    First run for the trainer, blinkers to sharpen. some form in maidens and a reasonable ew price

Yarmouth 5.15
    Alfredtheordinary
    Goes the distance and will go on the ground. Falling mark means he's well weighted and been going close. Many of these look forlorn hopes

Ayr 5.00
    Lochan Mor

• Advertisement

Kempton

8.20 Lauberhorn - AW pedigree exceptional, jockey/trainer combo 20%, +56pts
    Not good enough

8.50 Bohemian Melody - AW pedigree, form at the track, trainer kempton 17% +120.88
    Preference for Edgewater - back on AW, great record and back down to 1lbs above last winning rating
    11/1 compared to 11/4.

Picked the wrong one but Edgewater is one to keep an eye on at Kempton

9.20 Goodbye Cash - May get an easy lead and able to dictate pace. Has course form. Tentative though as Philmack dot com has led and is drawn inside.

When couldn't get the lead, his race was over, jockey di the right thing easing him down coming into the straight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Canadian, trebles and accu. Total stake 2 euro!

WINDSOR 7:10 FILLIES HANDICAP 1m 67yds
    Wild Rockette @ 6.50 (GP)

ROSCOMMON 5:50 HANDICAP (60-90) 7f
    Bold Thady Quill @ 5.00 (GP)

YARMOUTH 5:30 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 3yds
    Hellenio @ 6.50 (GP)

WOLVERHAMPTON 4:45 HANDICAP (0-80) 7f 32yds
    Glenridding @ 4.00 (GP)

WOLVERHAMPTON 2:15 HANDICAP (0-60) 5f 20yds
    Midget @ 7.00 (GP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Hellenio @ 6.50 (GP)

Glenridding @ 4.00 (GP)

Midget @ 7.00 (GP)

hope your right!!! lol i did em anyway thanks.

10c ew Lucky 15 for interests sake

Kempton 4.00
    Avenuesnalleyways 5/1

Wolverhampton 4.45
    Glenridding 3/1

Windsor 7.10
    Wild Rockette 11/2

Roscommon 7.20
    Save My Blushes 4/1

Hope Hellenio brings you more luck than he brought me lads. He's really well bred but maybe is starting to figure out the racing game.
    Nulty wrote: »
    Yarmouth 3.45
    Hellenio
    First run for the trainer, blinkers to sharpen. some form in maidens and a reasonable ew price

• Advertisement

7:00 Yamouth - Swansea Jack @ 8/1

Only bet of the day for me, a small one to cure my urge to gamble! :pac:

Edit : Hampered himself and a couple of others! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

mike65 wrote: »

Hellenio @ 6.50 (GP)

Glenridding @ 4.00 (GP)

Midget @ 7.00 (GP)

jeez not one right.i know nothing about horses so i cant talk but jeez not one right lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That why its a 2 euro bet!

Ebor day one

YORK 1:45 HANDICAP 5f 89y
    Walvis Bay @ 9.00 (GP)

YORK 2:15 ACOMB STAKES 7f
    Lake Ontario @ 3.00 (GP)

YORK 2:50 GREAT VOLTIGEUR STAKES 1m 4f
    Monterosso @ 8.50 (GP)

YORK 3:25 JUDDMONTE INTERNATIONAL 1m 2 1/2f
    Twice Over @ 6.00 (GP)

YORK 4:05 NURSERY 6f
    Regal Approval @ 7.00 (GP)

YORK 4:40 HANDICAP 1m 2f 88y
    Jutland @ 17.00 (GP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Fancies for today !

2.15 Waiter's Dream W/O Fav 85/40
    2.50 Midas Touch 5/2
    3.25 RVW 7/4

5 euro patent !

got badly burnt with monterossa in the irish derby
    im not brave enough to go in again.
    im thinking midas touch or possibly joshua tree ew

im thinking dick turpin would be a safe ew at 5s if it stays and
    if so it might just go very close to winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What a race and what a finish. RVW you beauty, thought he was gone at the furlong pole but produced a tremendous turn of foot to nab Twice Over and Byword at the line. Class horse and a class race.

Backed Steinbeck + Spurs double as well for this afternoon. PP had a special price of 9-2 in their shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Fancies for today !

2.15 Waiter's Dream W/O Fav 85/40
    2.50 Midas Touch 5/2
    3.25 RVW 7/4

5 euro patent !

2 out of 3 aint bad.

had rvw myself,super horse ,super finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

coughlan08 wrote: »
    2 out of 3 aint bad.

had rvw myself,super horse ,super finish.

Yeah had a single on Rip aswell. So aint a bad day so far . Slow early pace didnt help Rip at all he did great to get up on the line. Think i'll throw a few quid e/w on him for the breeder cup classic 16/1 with pp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Yeah had a single on Rip aswell. So aint a bad day so far . Slow early pace didnt help Rip at all he did great to get up on the line. Think i'll throw a few quid e/w on him for the breeder cup classic 16/1 with pp.

I dont know about the classic. It has been O'Briens graveyard. Still there isnt that much left for him here and he will definitely be aimed at it and 16-1 is a whopping price for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement