Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lingfield

12:40 - Chanrossa

Runner-up on last 4 tries over C&D, shaped as if still in form over trip too far here last time. Back to mark of when it came second here on the 30th of December, should be in with a shout at around 3/1 hopefully.

1:10 - Espy - NAP

Back to form on first run for current stable when runner-up over 6f at Wolverhampton in December. Better than bare result over 7f last time and serious contender back down in trip and in grade also.

2:15 - I Confess - NB

Twice successful off higher marks at up to 1m here at the beginning of summer. Not quite scaled the same heights since, but quite consistent all the same and dangerous if allowed to dominate.

I know i have my own thread where i post these but will probably get seen more here so i'll continue to post a couple every day if that's ok. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

n1 x pyro on yesterday

exeter 14:30 my turn now

leicester 13:45 rif

lingfield 14:50 herschel

and one I will be sticking £1 fiddy five pee on is

lingfield 13:10 spring bridge

Chanrossa won @ 10/3. Good start :D

Espy 2nd @ 4/1, beaten by a neck, thought he had it but just couldn't find anymore against a stronger horse at finishing. :(

Southwell

2:00 - Borasco @ 3/1

Given chance by handicapper and encouraging second to Hit The Switch over 1m here last month. Drop in trip fine and dangerous off this mark, but hasn't won since the summer of 2008, Lets hope it changes here.

3:30 - Shadows Lengthen @ Evens

Thriving on AW this winter, notching up sixth win on the bounce when making light of revised mark over 1½m here last month. 6 lb penalty and extra 2f unlikely to halt his winning spree.

4:00 - Lujiana @ 9/4 - NB

Speedy sort who added to good fibresand record when landing back-to-back wins over C&D last month. Impressed with manner of success last time and likely to make a bold bid to land hat-trick.

4:30 - Tag Team @ 5/2 MAX BET 5pts. - NAP

C&D winner who has posted solid efforts in defeat when runner-up last 3 starts, just losing out to a subsequent winner last time. Ought to be in the thick of the action once more

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

The trainer really fancies this today,4-15 Clonmel,Castleview mills it is his best chance of his 4 runners.
    West cork flash is not worth talking about.
    Grancore girl had super bumper form but needs to improve jumping and its a very hot race with For Bill and Killultagh queen. I will however be backing her e.w. as she is a huge price to run into place.
    Hurricane super jumper will stay the trip but Glencove marina is in the race and from what the Mullins camp say about him you couldnt be confident,now without the favourite would be great bet.
    As i already said Castleview Mills i have backed it twice already.Heres hoping he does the business.:)

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Southwell

2:00 - Borasco @ 3/1

Given chance by handicapper and encouraging second to Hit The Switch over 1m here last month. Drop in trip fine and dangerous off this mark, but hasn't won since the summer of 2008, Lets hope it changes here.

:D Legend!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Your good self and semi pro are going very well,long may it continue.

mohican22 wrote: »
    Your good self and semi pro are going very well,long may it continue.

Cheers Mohican, it's nice to take a few quid of the bookies. :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    3:30 - Shadows Lengthen @ Evens

Thriving on AW this winter, notching up sixth win on the bounce when making light of revised mark over 1½m here last month. 6 lb penalty and extra 2f unlikely to halt his winning spree.

4:00 - Lujiana @ 9/4 - NB

Speedy sort who added to good fibresand record when landing back-to-back wins over C&D last month. Impressed with manner of success last time and likely to make a bold bid to land hat-trick.

4:30 - Tag Team @ 5/2 MAX BET 5pts. - NAP

C&D winner who has posted solid efforts in defeat when runner-up last 3 starts, just losing out to a subsequent winner last time. Ought to be in the thick of the action once more

3rd, Got turned over by a 22/1 shot. Looked like the distance was just 100 yards too far.

No good from Lujiana either, came 4th. Had a decent sized bet on her too, but was a task to hard of her revised mark

Had word for Tag Team, wasn't to be, beaten by the late market mover. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mohican22 wrote: »
    The trainer really fancies this today,4-15 Clonmel,Castleview mills it is his best chance of his 4 runners.
    West cork flash is not worth talking about.
    Grancore girl had super bumper form but needs to improve jumping and its a very hot race with For Bill and Killultagh queen. I will however be backing her e.w. as she is a huge price to run into place.
    Hurricane super jumper will stay the trip but Glencove marina is in the race and from what the Mullins camp say about him you couldnt be confident,now without the favourite would be great bet.
    As i already said Castleview Mills i have backed it twice already.Heres hoping he does the business.:)

one to avoid id say in future
    castleview a very poor jumper tho
    maybe the conditions didnt help
    looked to have a good chance otherwise
    tho outsider won very easily

• Advertisement

bangor 3:35 another dark rum

catterick 2:10 miss pross

lingfield 4:05 may chorus

Lingfield

1:15 - Isle de Maurice @ 7/2 - NAP

Lightly raced on the Flat, but not been with this yard long, and sound claims on form of his second over C&D in December. Won selling hurdle since then too, his races prior to coming 9th his last run as favourite was poor but was running well before that after being dropped into this grade. Could and hopefully will be in the frame. Should be around 3/1.

2:55 - Sonhador @ 7/1

Has won off this mark at Kempton in October. Obvious claims on that, though yet to run to same level again. Failed 5/2 Favourite last time out and has place claims here imo.

4:40 - Zuwaar @ 10/1 - NB

Largely creditable efforts since last win over 1¾m at Haydock in April. Needs a truly-run race to be fully effective at this trip.

ive not bet very much on horses recently but im finding it
    very hard to look past noun de la tinte at 2.25 banger
    albeit at odds of 6/5

mailburner wrote: »
    ive not bet very much on horses recently but im finding it
    very hard to look past noun de la tinte at 2.25 banger
    albeit at odds of 6/5

OUCH!

Lingfield

1:25 - Headache - NAP

Continued fine run when scoring for a third time in last 5 starts over C&D last week, recording personal best in the process. Up 5 lb, but still one to take seriously.

2:30 - Ravi River

Won 3 times over 7f on polytrack in 2009, including here. Only respectable fourth in claimer last time, but one of the likelier winners at the weights.

4:10 - Kings Salute - NB

Made faultless start for Mark Johnston having raced once for Andre Fabre, winning 11f maiden and 13f handicap here last autumn. Seems sure to go on progressing for yard in superb form.

4:45 - Monterosso

Progressing well and not hard pressed to go clear in C&D maiden a fortnight ago. Handicapper may have underestimated him and he looks the likely winner, stable in flying form and it's a horse i really like the look of too. Should be the one to beat here.

Sandown

3:40 - Razor Royale @ 8/1 - 2pts win.

Improved when scoring over 3m at Cheltenham in November and raised his game again off revised marks since. Likely to give another good account.

Nass

4:15 - Kimberlite King - 3pts win

Dual bumper winner who showed smart form in just a handful of runs over hurdles. Plenty of promise when fourth in maiden chases at Navan despite some less than fluent jumping. Sets the standard here.

A good few of my best bets for Saturday. All the best everyone.

sandown 3:10 beshabar won @ 10s go it @ 12s

wetherby 1:45 playing the field placed @ 16s got it @ 25s

doncaster 1.55 darstardly dick didnt count

first wins in a couple of weeks so I hope its a new start

one which may be good value if it can get over the hurdles,

sandown 2:05 valid point

fontwell 15:20 cappagh

southwell 13:40 solis

musselburgh 15:30 dr kildare

ayr 3:50 thatilldoforme

lingfield 4:40 crazy bold

warwick 3:55 spit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Newcastle 15.10 Sir Bumble 8/1

• Advertisement

2:00 Southwell - Angle of Attack @ 6/1 - 3pts

Down in trip which should suit and still on same mark as when 2nd to Ejeed last month. Jockey on board that i really like and should be in with a shout here if replicating his last run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Linfield 4.30 Dark Ranger @ 9/1

2:00 Lingfield - Caracal @ 9/4

Hasn't run since July of last year, running behind 3 horses that went on to win after that. Is running for the on fire Johnston stable with Fanning doing the steering. Should be fit and ready to win at a decent price here in my opinion especially in a very weak race.

4:00 Lingfield - Grand Honour @ 14/1

Weighted to win this, ran well in last two races and this is his best trip, good jockey on board. Has place claims at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

not a fancy of mine but what a serious gamble gone on

cayo levanto 4.25 punch 20/1 into 2/1

Caracal nailed on the line. Feck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Kod-box wrote: »
    not a fancy of mine but what a serious gamble gone on

cayo levanto 4.25 punch 20/1 into 2/1

Serious money going on this horse all day, connections are known for landing these gambles... Still 11/4 on betfair!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

won at 2/1

Ffos Las

2:35 - Shakalakaboomboom - 3pts @ 10/3

Weak enough race in which this horse should be in with a good shout judging by its last run when second in a bumper at Taunton, Being steered by McCoy is always a plus and he has an excellent record around here.

3:10 - Son Historie - 2pts @ 5/1

Has been very competitive on higher marks over hurdles and came second at Exeter LTO with Blinkers fitted, goes off the same mark and hopefully the head gear works as well as it did LTO.

Southwell

4:05 - Bo Mcginty - 2pts @ 6/1

Has won off bigger marks in the past, on career low mark also. Came 2nd over C&D and could have a chance at stoping his long losing run here.

5:10 - Holyfield Warrior - 3pts @ 9/4

Very well backed LTO and duly failed to win the race coming 7th, had money on it myself but going to have another go to reclaim my money in what seems to be a fairly weak race.

Good luck today everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My fancy for Saturday is ' dontpaytheferryman ' 4.05 Uttoxeter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump! :D

Wasn't worth starting a new thread for this so here will do. Away from the high profile stuff at Aintree there is a decent card at Lingfield on the a/w. Tony Carroll (AW Carroll) has his string in decent form since the new year and he has the following running

2:10 Ocean Legend
    2.45 King Olav
    5.10 Unlimited
    5.45 Carr Hall
    6.15 Lytham (IRE)

All of them are in with a real shout, a Canadian with singles and tiny straight accu on top (just in case a miricle happens!) is worth a total of say a tenner, rather than loosing same in the Grand National. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement