Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

x PyRo wrote: »
    :D

Good stuff..Thanks for the tip!

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

hitman79 wrote: »
    Good stuff..Thanks for the tip!

Anytime Hitman. :) It's nice when they win instead of coming last. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anytime Hitman. :) It's nice when they win instead of coming last. :pac:

cheers for the selection pyro :)

7:05 Nottingham - Cygnet 5pts @ 2/1 (Bet365)

I think he'll take this with ease tomorrow. Will be having alot of my winnings from today on him. Should go on to be a better horse. His trainer Cumani is in flying form this season and only has Cygnet out tomorrow at Nottingham so i think he's going there to do a job. Fallon is booked and is another massive positive for me. Cygnet is also the only course winner in the field which should help him tomorrow. Has previously held a derby entry also and is highly rated my Cumani.

Should take all the beating and has went well coming 2nd after a break before so i wouldn't let that bother me. Handicap mark looks fair to me, only running off 85 which is only 3lbs higher when 2nd in this grade losing by a head after running very green and having a slow start.

This horse definitely has the ability to romp up here and has the potential to be far better than all of these but i'm hoping she's fresh and ready to go, well drawn, top jockey, a top trainer in top form... Top horse ? Hopefully. Will have to be a great performance (or a terrible show from himself) to beat him in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

7:05 Nottingham - Cygnet 5pts @ 2/1 (Bet365)

I think he'll take this with ease tomorrow. Will be having alot of my winnings from today on him. Should go on to be a better horse. His trainer Cumani is in flying form this season and only has Cygnet out tomorrow at Nottingham so i think he's going there to do a job. Fallon is booked and is another massive positive for me. Cygnet is also the only course winner in the field which should help him tomorrow. Has previously held a derby entry also and is highly rated my Cumani.

Should take all the beating and has went well coming 2nd after a break before so i wouldn't let that bother me. Handicap mark looks fair to me, only running off 85 which is only 3lbs higher when 2nd in this grade losing by a head after running very green and having a slow start.

This horse definitely has the ability to romp up here and has the potential to be far better than all of these but i'm hoping she's fresh and ready to go, well drawn, top jockey, a top trainer in top form... Top horse ? Hopefully. Will have to be a great performance (or a terrible show from himself) to beat him in my opinion.

The lay-off is a concern for me so i threw my Church Island winnings (bones of €60) on this lad to place with betfair @ 1.58 , should come in top 3 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Denners wrote: »
    The lay-off is a concern for me so i threw my Church Island winnings (bones of €60) on this lad to place with betfair @ 1.58 , should come in top 3 :rolleyes:

If he doesn't at least come in the top 3 i may as well give up now! He goes well fresh and Cumani will have him ready, don't worry about that. Only possible problem i see is if his previous problems happen mid race, but i'm sure he wouldn't be running if Cumani didn't expect him to be 100%. It's his only runner there tomorrow also. He wouldn't go down for no reason. 1.58 is a great price for the place.

Fingers crossed.

11/8 now. Being extremely well backed.

Please please win! One of my biggest bets ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Put a little bit on myself Pyro, cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Put a little bit on myself Pyro, cheers for the tip!

Same as. Cheers Pyro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Sounds like you went pretty strong Pyro. Think i'll do a small double with that horse and both Lyon and Bayern to score tonight at 7/2

• Advertisement

Cheers lads and best of luck. Hope to hell it doesn't let me down! Spend hours yesterday thinking of reasons not to back it and seeing if there was anything better than him but i couldn't find one. If he doesn't win i'll be very surprised, and if he doesn't i apologize in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

gutted i didnt back cygnet yesterday. dont know is there value now ?

SD1990 wrote: »
    gutted i didnt back cygnet yesterday. dont know is there value now ?

With the money being on so early i'd say he'll drift before to odd out to 2/1 again. Unless more money plows on, but i doubt it.

That clown Hugh Taylor mentioned him in a sentence this morning so loyal followers will be lumping on too and dragging the price down.

Still value @ 11/8 assuming he wins. I think he's an odds on shot personally. Assuming he runs to ability.

right il back him now at 11/8 with ladbrokes as pp arent offering this price.

do ladbrokes offer best price guaranteed?

SD1990 wrote: »
    right il back him now at 11/8 with ladbrokes as pp arent offering this price.

do ladbrokes offer best price guaranteed?

Yeah they do SD. PP being tight as usual no doubt or else they just agree that i'm right. :pac:

I hope!

There's another horse being well backed now. :(

There's another horse being well backed now. :(

I would still be hopefull, lets hope he does it anyway, I decided to go big on a place, so 7 months worth of profit could be going down the drain :o

Good luck, hope he wins it for ya

driftin big style now

I would still be hopefull, lets hope he does it anyway, I decided to go big on a place, so 7 months worth of profit could be going down the drain :o

Good luck, hope he wins it for ya

Cheers Denners, best of luck.

I've "make or break" sort of money on it. :o

Edit : Drifting big style. 2 others being backed big time. F*ck.

Edit 2 : Sam Sharp into 11/2 from 14's. Must be majorly fancied.

:(

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, didn't get off the rail. F*ck.

Jaysus, Cygnet was very disappointing.

Oh well. Unlucky boys.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Cygnet was very disappointing.

Oh well.

Didn't get off the rail and was stuck in behind. Apologies, i'll get you guys back soon.

All good pyro. I'm used to losing anyways ;).

That stung

Ah well start from scratch :o

That stung

Ah well start from scratch :o

Me too. More than stung. Alot of my winnings from the previous one i put up is gone. :o

Sir Frank in the 8:20 to hopefully get a few quid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I blame Hugh Taylor for jinxing him :P

No worries though Pyro.

I blame Hugh Taylor for jinxing him :P

No worries though Pyro.

Was going to say that also but didn't want an excuse! I hate that c*nt Hugh Taylor!

:(

• Advertisement

Sir Frank in the 8:20 to hopefully get a few quid back.

I would, but my account is literally wiped :o. Gonna give the horses a miss for a while I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement