Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Dutch Masterpiece ran weird there. Going was never a problem before, so I don't know what happened today.

Normal Equilibrium was 2nd, so if Dutch ran better I think he would have had that.

Would love to know the problem.

Marked down Prince Kup 9/1 (Clonmel 8.00), as one that would love a Soft/Heavy run, and he has that today. LTO he ran unto Katie T in similar conditions, but still looked great. There is a few that might be better than him today too, but I think he will come close at those odds.

tinodz wrote: »
    Marked down Prince Kup 9/1 (Clonmel 8.00), as one that would love a Soft/Heavy run, and he has that today. LTO he ran unto Katie T in similar conditions, but still looked great. There is a few that might be better than him today too, but I think he will come close at those odds.

No luck. Front running horse stretched the whole race, which did not help things, although he was not close.

One I had in marked down for tomorrow...

Handiwork 11/1 (Haydock 3.25)

Watch these colours storm home in the very last seconds of the race to at Ayr just miss out on third... even though he was back in ninth going over the last jump.

cC9B3Zz.png - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GDjf9zFkXU

If he gets a better overall race, and is anywhere near the front pack near the end, I think he will have some good speed in the last 100-200 yards to do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Going for a purely small stakes speculative punt on Virtual Reality ew @12/1 in the 5.15 Nottingham. 8 go to post so bit wary for my ew if one gets pulled. I think we can draw a line through half the field for a lack of a recent run. The selection is fit as a flea & is dropping back down to his suitable trip. Ground should not be an issue given the breeding and ran well enough on turf debut lto until the stamina gave way. The jockey has teamed up with the stable for a 3 from 7 strike rate with 3yr olds and its the trainers only horse at the track (I acknowledge he does not have a calvary at his disposal so its a factor but not the deciding one). I expect the combination of first time visor and drop back to an optimal trip to bring about a better run and might make the frame.

One I had in marked down for tomorrow...

Handiwork 11/1 (Haydock 3.25)

Watch these colours storm home in the very last seconds of the race to at Ayr just miss out on third... even though he was back in ninth going over the last jump.

cC9B3Zz.png - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GDjf9zFkXU

If he gets a better overall race, and is anywhere near the front pack near the end, I think he will have some good speed in the last 100-200 yards to do something.

Never got in the race. Too much early speed killed chances. :(

Interested to see how Teatotal goes in this

Teatotal ran well but needs to drop a few pounds more. He will be winning a class 5 or 6 soon & then I'll put a few quid on him. Going to back the beautifully bred call to order in the last at warwick ew 10/1. Looks a hot enough contest.

2nd for call to order. Very promising debut. That race will throw up a few winners in time.

• Advertisement

I imagine o briens good start to the group 1's will continue in France tomorrow but price too skinny. Going with Bon genre in the last at Killarney 10/1ew.

Well beaten 2nd for Bon Genre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I backed Realt ag leimt in the 6 20 at Southwell this evening at 20s,this one ran a reasonable race after being off for 700 days and showed improved form in April at Cheltenham last time out.
    A winner of a novice chase in 2013 who then suffered a setback,i think is a sporting bet at a decent price today in an average enough hunter chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fancy a few a York tomorrow.

Satellite in the first will have a chance, some decent form in the book, lightly raced and has been gelded over the winter - serious shout here.

In the 3.15 i fancy Lucky Kristale to get back to winning ways. This horse was ****ed about with last year as she was always a sprinter. Encouraging enough return back over 6f a few weeks back and if she can improve on that has a good shout here. Wish ground was faster though!

Fancy Gamrath ew in the 3:15 York.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Fancy a few a York tomorrow.

Satellite in the first will have a chance, some decent form in the book, lightly raced and has been gelded over the winter - serious shout here.

In the 3.15 i fancy Lucky Kristale to get back to winning ways. This horse was ****ed about with last year as she was always a sprinter. Encouraging enough return back over 6f a few weeks back and if she can improve on that has a good shout here. Wish ground was faster though!

Ok, called that wrong.
    Satellite never put in the race so worth another chance.
    LK just couldnt go the pace and was stuffed.

Sorry :(

• Advertisement

Brown Panther 9/4 looks an outstanding bet today @9/4 in the 3 15 at York,would appear to only have the solid,but one paced Romsdal to beat.Better than ever when winning the Irish St Ledger last year (a better field than he meets today) and even better again when winning a group 1 in Meydan this year,the thorough stayer Brown Panther seems to be improving with age and even though he has to concede weight to the other runners he should be too strong and I make him the day's best bet and I have had €100 ew 9/4 and I am hoping he will drift to 5/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Brown Panther 9/4 looks an outstanding bet today @9/4 in the 3 15 at York,would appear to only have the solid,but one paced Romsdal to beat.Better than ever when winning the Irish St Ledger last year (a better field than he meets today) and even better again when winning a group 1 in Meydan this year,the thorough stayer Brown Panther seems to be improving with age and even though he has to concede weight to the other runners he should be too strong and I make him the day's best bet and I have had €100 ew 9/4 and I am hoping he will drift to 5/2.

Ive gone for Romsdal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Really like shalabina in the last at york. Should have no problem getting the 1m4f on breeding. 10/1 is a great price, i would like to see the money come for it though.

Did not run as well as I hoped and could not pass the winner,might just have needed the run €55 loss but will follow the Panther next time.

EW yankee done for tonight
    Queen Spud 5 25,Tanerko Emery 7 05 Express Du Berlais 7 40 all at Aintree and Economic Crisis 9 00 Hamilton,the latter likes the ground and the track and might get back on the winning trail today.

• Advertisement

I expect Water Sprite to go in again in the last @ Dundalk.

Won really well last time and decent claimer on board to offset penalty. Thought it was more a 2/1 shot so snapped the 7/2

Bollox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bollox

Yes you are

Clareman wrote: »
    Yes you are

Sorry :o

Night of Thunder for me today, think he's a class above this lot.#

Double with Telescope too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Telescope SHOULD win,but he is a horse i just dont trust

No pace, wont suit Telescope at all.

Easy.

Gonna take a chance on Jungle Cat here .

Mohatem.

• Advertisement

What a jockey, missed the prices so left it lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm on Sugar Lump each way in the 3.25 in Newmarket as well as Night of Thunder in the 3.45

BOOM

I like Free Zone here at Thirsk. Each way.

Last bet on Red Avenger here at Newbury, small stakes.

I backed Spark Plug lto - it better not win!

Bollox

Not a great finish to your day. I've 3 horses left to run today Some Tank 5.35 Punchestown, Flemensbay 7.30 Uttoxeter and Always Smile 7.45 in Doncaster.

I have no idea why, but I am on Balinderry 12/1 EW (Utto 8.00).

Mr Robinson is the only really good horse in the race, but the extra weight is going to hurt

Balinderry is unplaced in 17, which is horrible, but this seems to be a bad race.

Think they might come home in a bunch, and want to be on the one with an outside chance.

• Advertisement

I have no idea why, but I am on Balinderry 12/1 EW (Utto 8.00).

Mr Robinson is the only really good horse in the race, but the extra weight is going to hurt

Balinderry is unplaced in 17, which is horrible, but this seems to be a bad race.

Think they might come home in a bunch, and want to be on the one with an outside chance.

Ouch. All wrong.

I guess I will hop on Enderby Spirit (20/1) in the next, and then call it a day.

My little one is just gone to sleep so I'm going to do 2 small bets in the 8.30 and 8.45 with a nice glass of wine. I'm thinking Florrie Boy in the 8.30 and New Strategy

I guess I will hop on Enderby Spirit (20/1) in the next, and then call it a day.

Slow start did not help. but was never it the race.

Will try to look at thing a bit more in depth, and might find something decent for tomorrow.

Gone with Pensax Boy ew in the last 10/1. Not a confident selection as its a 3yr old handicap which are not easy solve

Pensax boy well beaten 2nd. I have a dose of seconditis at the moment.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    Pensax boy well beaten 2nd. I have a dose of seconditis at the moment.

When was your last winner :confused::confused:

:P

3 seconds from the last 4 bets. I am going to check what was my last winner.

Rosairlie 8 May. But ive had a barren enough 12 months.

You're out of sync with the action :(

I'll hit form again. Just suffering a bit of colic. Will start eating new hay & better feed & then I'll start banging in the winners later this summer!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement