Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancies For Today

1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Welds e/w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Bolger..urrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

With a ton of quality racing happening everywhere else, I have decided on...

Thepartysover @ 25/1 EW (Fontwell 17:35)

No wins in two years, but something will come his way soon.

tinodz wrote: »
    With a ton of quality racing happening everywhere else, I have decided on...

Thepartysover @ 25/1 EW (Fontwell 17:35)

No wins in two years, but something will come his way soon.

3rd. I'll take that!

He's getting better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Winners a bit scarce the last few days following a good run,so following my usual pattern -double up when on a roll,double down when things not so good.Just one bet today,€25 ew Silvery Moon in the Zetland gold cup at Redcar 3 55.

Thi one ran very well at York lto and has run very well in stronger handicaps than this.Closely matched with Chancery on a couple of lines of form,Silvery,who was 3rd in this last year should just come out on top today as it seems to be laid out for this.
    Iwill do a rev forecast with Chancery just in case they should finish 1-2

• Advertisement

Winners a bit scarce the last few days following a good run,so following my usual pattern -double up when on a roll,double down when things not so good.Just one bet today,€25 ew Silvery Moon in the Zetland gold cup at Redcar 3 55.

Thi one ran very well at York lto and has run very well in stronger handicaps than this.Closely matched with Chancery on a couple of lines of form,Silvery,who was 3rd in this last year should just come out on top today as it seems to be laid out for this.
    Iwill do a rev forecast with Chancery just in case they should finish 1-2
    The two I fancied finish 3rd and 4th,the one I back ew is 4th!! backed Catimini 7 30 Ballinrobe 25 ew PP going 4 places only other bet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

! backed Catimini 7 30 Ballinrobe 25 ew PP going 4 places only other bet today.

if it's any consolation, I had Catimini in my tracker for some reason and backed it as well.

Me today...

Seek The Fair Land 4/1 (Ling 4.10). Going up against Bertie Blu Boy - a horse I was happy to bet on recently. I think the 5lb rise for Bertie Blu Boy is big though, as he is an insane from runner, and going full pelt with that to carry will hurt him more than most. Seek The Fair Land is a great finisher, and should ponce if he tires

Jonnie Skull 25/1 EW (Hunt 7.50). The owner said on national TV he was looking to put him in a 3m chase at some point, as he thought he had the stamina for it. Today is Jonnie's first go over fences, and only his 5th ever 2m+ run (in 175 races). If he is actually going for the 3m Chase, today seems to be a good test for him. Obviously taking a chance, as he is unproven in these circumstances, but seeing as the owner himself thinks he is up to races like this I am will to give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Me today...

Seek The Fair Land 4/1 (Ling 4.10). Going up against Bertie Blu Boy - a horse I was happy to bet on recently. I think the 5lb rise for Bertie Blu Boy is big though, as he is an insane from runner, and going full pelt with that to carry will hurt him more than most. Seek The Fair Land is a great finisher, and should ponce if he tires

Jonnie Skull 25/1 EW (Hunt 7.50). The owner said on national TV he was looking to put him in a 3m chase at some point, as he thought he had the stamina for it. Today is Jonnie's first go over fences, and only his 5th ever 2m+ run (in 175 races). If he is actually going for the 3m Chase, today seems to be a good test for him. Obviously taking a chance, as he is unproven in these circumstances, but seeing as the owner himself thinks he is up to races like this I am will to give it a shot.

is it just me or does Jonny skull barely get 5 Furlongs never mind 3 miles over fences

akelly02 wrote: »
    is it just me or does Jonny skull barely get 5 Furlongs never mind 3 miles over fences

Jonnie Skull does what he wants. :pac:

Annnnnnnnd, I just noticed he is now confirmed as a non-runner, so today he has decided not to race.

I still think it will be interesting to follow him if he ends up in a 3m Chase at some point. Even if the owner is deluded, I want to see what happens now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I thought that was a joke about Jonnie Skull running 175 times. But he has. That's great mileage. What a horse to own.

I am giving Perfect Timing 5/2 (6.30 Newton Abbot) a go...

...as I said I would back in September 2014. That's a 262 day wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cheers man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

BlossomTime 2pm Newmarket

Leaderene 2.30 Newmarket. 5/4 Paddy Power. NAP.

Ryan Moore is an eye catching booking for the Mark Johnston yard. She is also only just 3lb higher when winning a similar race at Beverley last September. This race looks a weak one with all her rivals coming off disappointing runs and she should take a bit of beating with Moore on top.

Peterhof 4:10 Newmarket

No notebook/tracker stuff for me today, but I like Noverre To Go 9/2 (Brighton 3.25). On a good mark, but has a few good ones to beat in here. The rise in weight for Flexible Flyer might help

No notebook/tracker stuff for me today, but I like Noverre To Go 9/2 (Brighton 3.25). On a good mark, but has a few good ones to beat in here. The rise in weight for Flexible Flyer might help

main comp to flexible flyer is now a nr, so Im going with FF

dead heat, but given to NTG, well done!

Saw Noverre To Go won! Nice...

Might be pushing my luck, but giving Rozene 3/1 (Catterick 8.10) a shot later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Two obvious ones and an outsider

Peacock 11/10 Newmarket 2.45

Limato 11/10 Haydock (I expect this horse to be withdrawn if it rains, if so will back Muttmu 9/2 instead.)

Dragon Fei 33/1 Haydock 2.00. Finished second by 1/2 length to Curvy who had a stone advantage. Curvy then beat Derby entrant Giovanni Canaletto a week later.

Saw Noverre To Go won! Nice...

Might be pushing my luck, but giving Rozene 3/1 (Catterick 8.10) a shot later.

2nd. Too much to ask for two in a row!

• Advertisement

Have one in notebook that is out tomorrow. Another 200+ day layoff.

Noblest 3/1 (3:55 Newmarket)

Missed break last time, had to waste energy early on to get back into position. Managed to nab 5th out of that mess - but was finishing very strong. Now doing a furlong longer. Think that distance should suit.

Also, Arc Lighter (3:30 York) is out again. Coral have him a 25/1. That horse is finding new ways to lose in easier races, but would not be surprised if he managed something at these high odds, Small EW for me.

A 3rd, and an unplaced for me today. No good.

Noblest did everything right today, but met better horses. Wordcraft had a fantastic debut run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

John Ferguson seems to have another yard full of bumper horses to unleash over the next few months. Two decent winners in the last few days. Waterlord hosed in today

Jonnie Skull's transformation into a chaser looks like it will start today... (Fakenham 4.30)

4/1 is a nice price to see how he will react over fences. Worth a small bet as he only as 3 other horses to best

Hopefully it works out well, I want to see him tackle a good 3m Chase down the line.

Jonnie Skull's transformation into a chaser looks like it will start today... (Fakenham 4.30)

4/1 is a nice price to see how he will react over fences. Worth a small bet as he only as 3 other horses to best

Hopefully it works out well, I want to see him tackle a good 3m Chase down the line.

Jonnie Skull was only second, but based on that Jonnie Skull could jump a house :pac:

Captain Cullen 3 10 Naas mon has a pretty good chance of getting his head in front following a few attempts over shorter against the likes of Bubbly Bellini and some other smart types.

Only 1 lb above his last winning mark the Captain could now be ready to strike under Seamie Heffernan,i took the 7/1 with PP ew and given that his best form is in big fields where a good gallop is almost certain,tomorrows race could be run to suit.

Giving a first timer a shot today...

Strawberryfields 20/1 (Windsor 6.25) a relation to a horse I used to bet on about 5 years ago

This one

This is the same jockey/trainer combo

Small bet EW (2 Places) for me

Giving a first timer a shot today...

Strawberryfields 20/1 (Windsor 6.25) a relation to a horse I used to bet on about 5 years ago

This one

This is the same jockey/trainer combo

Small bet EW (2 Places) for me

Not a chance. :(

I need to stop touching first timers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

two ew singles, win single on the last one, ew treble
    boy owes me, fancy jupiter to really relish the step up in trip
    aeolus just a hunch

boy in the bar 5/1
    aeolus 36/1
    jupiter custos 11/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    two ew singles, win single on the last one, ew treble
    boy owes me, fancy jupiter to really relish the step up in trip
    aeolus just a hunch

boy in the bar 5/1
    aeolus 36/1
    jupiter custos 11/4
    scutter, two nrs and a second

One to break a slightly bad run for me...

Bridie Ffrench 9/2 (Brighton 3.40)

First sub 1m of the year, and at 7f (seems to be most successful distance). Any give in the ground should suit.

One to break a slightly bad run for me...

Bridie Ffrench 9/2 (Brighton 3.40)

First sub 1m of the year, and at 7f (seems to be most successful distance). Any give in the ground should suit.

3rd. Feel she got trapped behind 2 horse, but don't know if she would had enough to win regardless.

MOST TIPPED
    Perfect Timing
    3:40 Fontwell
    MOST TIPPED OUTSIDER
    Red Cape
    3:00 Wolverhampton (AW)
    MOST NAPPED
    See The Sun
    8:10 Ripon
    MOST NAPPED OUTSIDER
    Duke Of Sonning
    4:50 Nottingham

I got on Perfect Timing last time out (a page back on the forum), but cannot be on today.

His last time out at Fontwell (Sept 2014) he had a HORRIBLE time. He hated going down the straight, and darted right as he jumped all the fences down the straight. Along with that, he is also up 7lbs.

I am a HUGE Perfect Timing fan (waited 262 days to back him between his last two outings), but there is a whole lot going against him today IMO.

He could win - if he tidied up his jumping problems at the course - but regardless of that, the 7lb is still a definite issue.

Ladfromhighworth beat Perfect Timing last time at Fontwell, jumped well, and hand enough to nab it in the end. I hope he might to the same today.

Ladfromhighworth 4/1 (Fontwell 3.40) it is for me then. If Perfect Timing makes a few weird jumps on the straight I will be very happy.

Perfect Timing hates jumping at Fontwell like I thought, and I picked the wrong one :(

• Advertisement

[FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]THAHAB - (Chelmsford City, 19:50)[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fadvert%2Fbet365-tracker-74x24.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=RuPXOcm76T5fbJbCdWq6uw--~B[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]Bet now 11/4[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]Race:[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]totetrifecta Handicap[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]Your comment:[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]top 5 hannon rated.. gold in arabica solid sprinter [/FONT]
    ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Ftimeform.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=XW8WJtBkWP1hzzzJXnNA2g--~B
    [FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]Promising individual. C&D winner. 8/1, bit below form 10th of 18 in handicap at York (5f, good to firm) 19 days ago, having hopeless task from position. Stable in good form. Has good chance on form.ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fstar.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=A4BtoYUBT_aPN9DtFBZhrw--~Bec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fstar.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=A4BtoYUBT_aPN9DtFBZhrw--~Bec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fstar.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=A4BtoYUBT_aPN9DtFBZhrw--~Bec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fstar.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=A4BtoYUBT_aPN9DtFBZhrw--~Bec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.attheraces.com%2Fimages%2Ftrackeremail%2Fstar.gif&t=1433276938&ttl=4492800&sig=A4BtoYUBT_aPN9DtFBZhrw--~B[/FONT]

Thahab ran better than his finishing position suggests at York last month and he has won over this course and distance before and should do so again. He dropped a pound for that performance last time. I think he'll appreciate the step back up in trip, A mark of 85 should be below him.

7.40 Especial 7/2 NAP - All 4 of his runs have been decent before finally getting his head infront lto going back to debut run was 3rd beaten 3/4l at 50/1 by a decent sort in Use your filbert the 2nd Subversive has won 3 times since the 4th also won nto looking at last race this beat eastern racer that won nto and a few runs back was only beaten 3/4l by a very good horse in Twilight son....Especial has only had 4 runs funny enough the horse won 1st time mulrennan jumped aboard who keeps the partnership here and a mark of 79 for handicap debut could well prove lenient this is trainers only runner today he's had 3 winners and a placer with last 6 runners with mulrennan doing the steering and they have won with there last 2 runners here being a massive 33% with 3yo at this track

See The Sun 8.10 Ripon. 9/2 Skybet & Betvictor.

Although this looks competitive for a class 3 affair it seems fair to say that this is a step down in grade for See The Sun, as 10 of his last 13 races have come in class 2 or higher grade races. Another factor is the reported going of Good To Soft (Soft in places) See The Sun has proven his ability to run in these conditions with figures of 1 win and 3 places.

His form this season has been pretty solid although his form figures don't suggest that. He ran 6th first time out this season at Ripon but he ran from a bad draw and the 4th in that Algar Lad has since gone to win a 17 runner Handicap at York. See The Sun next time out was only beaten by just over 3l by the improving Out Do when he was sent off favourite at York.

Tim Easterby stable seem in good form having 8 winners in the last 2 weeks. The last 11 runners Tim Easterby has ran 9 of them have either won or placed. You can also argue that the selection is a better horse over the 6f trip as he has ran over 6f nine times and either winning or placed on 5 occasions. Also the handicapper has dropped him to a mark of 91 just 1lb higher than when he won the Betbright Sprint at York last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

10000 posts so this one needs to be locked

New thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement